Newbie Thermometer Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

trisharg

We have had our 1 year old beardie for a couple weeks now. We have a dial thermometer - and I know they are inaccurate now. We have a digital one on the cool side of the tank which tends to show temps in the low 80s. The dial one only shows maybe 90. It has to be warmer than that in there. But I can't know and am hoping you all might be able to recommend a reasonably priced alternative. Thank you!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Temp guns are a good choice because you can get instant and relatively accurate surface temp readings all over the tank (and outside the tank). http://www.amazon.com/Nubee-Temperature-Non-contact-Infrared-Thermometer/dp/B00CVHIJDK/

Another option is to get a digital thermometer with a probe that you can place on the surface you want the temperature of. They take about 30-45 minutes to get an accurate reading though. You can get a reading on the basking surface and then move the probe to the cool side and then back to the basking site for more long term monitoring. Something like this perhaps http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PQ2GJNY

trisharg

Original Poster
Thank you so much. I think I will order that temp gun. I have noticed that he spends almost all his time on the hot side of the tank so would be good to figure out the temps throughout more accurately. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom