Newbie - looking for breeder in Northern NJ area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrtoad

Hello,

I am new here and if posting this in an inappropriate area can a moderator please move this for me. I am going to be getting my 11 year old daughter a bearded dragon. I have been researching and doing my best to know what we need ahead and plan on putting a tank together this week and then purchase a dragon after we get back from vacation next week. I was trying to find a local breeder as I do not want to mail order. I am not concerned with coloring and am really just concerned with it being healthy and having a good temperament. I have been looking for a local breeer in northern NJ but having difficulty. I saw Dales Bearded Dragons in Denville as a recommendation but it looks like they are out of business as both their website and Facebook pages throw errors. I went to both NJ Exotic Pets and Adam's Pet Safari to look while we have been researching and the rep at NJ Exotic Pets was unsure of age of the Dragons so I really was not comfortable. Adams Pet Safari though the rep I spoke to seemed to know what they were talking about and they did have hatch dates on the tanks and said they breed them there. Has anybody had experience with them and have an opinion? Are there any other breeder recommendations in my area? Thanks for any advice.
Mike

MelPatt

Hey Mike. I am in Westchester county...and my son guilted me into getting him a bearded. We went to a petstore and had a TERRIBLE experience. But afterwards, we went to see Luisa at Fresh Water Aquatics NY (freshwateraquaticsny.com) and had a great experience. Her beardies are hand reared, our boy is sooooo gentle and calm (nothing like the one from Petsmart).

I don't know where you are located...but she was totally worth the drive for us!

Good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom