new viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

jroc2015

Hello everyone. I just bought my little man a new 55 gallon aquarium.
The dimensions are about 48Lx13Wx21H inch.
I had a 75 watt intense exo-terra basking bulb and it wasnt doing the trick anymore so i went out today and purchased a new 150watt intense exo-terra basking bulb. IT STILL IS NOT WORKING. My basking spot it about 8/9 inches away from the lamp and the lady said it would do the trick and if it didn't, too simply bring back the bulb and exchange for a new one.

someone help me... haha oh yea ps. as you can tell it is a brand new tank because it looks like crap inside right now and i have no background. everything is coming in the mail as we speak. :shock:
if4cwg.jpg
20fq3v6.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What are you using to measure the temps? A 150w should be plenty at that distance. I had a 150w that got just over 100f 18'' up.

jroc2015

Original Poster
CooperDragon":b4n6br8n said:
What are you using to measure the temps? A 150w should be plenty at that distance. I had a 150w that got just over 100f 18'' up.
I'm using a exo terra digital probe.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That should do the trick. Are you getting low temps even at the top of that log? If so, maybe two smaller wattage domes side by side would get the area up to temp.

jroc2015

Original Poster
CooperDragon":r6dl6yaf said:
That should do the trick. Are you getting low temps even at the top of that log? If so, maybe two smaller wattage domes side by side would get the area up to temp.

Yea, I ran into town to get a 75 watt halogen and temps got far too high. pushing 140F!!! so i switched back to my 75 watt exo-terra intense basking spot and the temp changes from around 98-103F. which i believe is a fine temperature.

jroc2015

Original Poster
jroc2015":76xnp2jr said:
CooperDragon":76xnp2jr said:

Yea, I ran into town to get a 75 watt halogen and temps got far too high. pushing 140F!!! so i switched back to my 75 watt exo-terra intense basking spot and the temp changes from around 98-103F. which i believe is a fine temperature.
i also purchased a hammock so, i could move a spot closer to the lamp itself.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah 98-103 is just fine. I guess something was up with that bulb. I'm glad you have it sorted now. Do continue to monitor the temps though as some tweaking may be needed on and off going forward. Make sure there's still at least 6-8'' between the bulbs and the highest basking area so he can't get too close or make contact with the lighting which could cause issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom