New Viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Last weekend we bought this shipping crate from an old man up the road, with the intent of turning it into a new viv. It is going to be huge. Just wanted to put a before picture. Will try to keep it updated as we go along.
If anyone lives in this area, and is interested, the man has a bunch of these shipping crates, solid wood, for $15
And just for scale, that is a litter bucket sitting beside of it, and a can laying in the viv. (and that is not a stain in the bottom of it, just the wood grain looks funny in the pic)
viv1.jpg

viv2.jpg

viv3.jpg

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Wow Jen! What an awesome find! I am wanting to make a new enclosure for Bligg. Wish I lived closer... I would definitely be interested in one of those crates.
What are the dimensions of the crate?
I too, am excited to see your project as you go along :D

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I am not sure what the dimensions are, I need to measure and find out. I will post on here when I do.
We have got to add a floor, and fix a place for the lights, and vent holes, and the frame and track for the sliding glass door, so it will be a while before we get done, but I look forward to it.

I had gotten it for Brady because his viv is the smallest, it is tall and long, but the depth of it is not what I would like. But then he would have the biggest viv. I think I may move Waffle to the new one, (right now Waffles viv is the biggest) and then move Foster to Waffles viv (since Fosters is smaller than Waffles) and then Brady to Fosters old viv. That way everyone has a bigger viv, and that way I wont feel like I am cheating my first born beardie! :lol:

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Ok, I measured the new viv, it is 56 inches long, 30 inches high and 28 inches deep. Gonna be big, and hopefully nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom