New Viv Design I am working on

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
You could also contact admin/the mods and see if you could do a contest here... or do one on YouTube to raise awareness/publicity.
Something like...
-Who has the best setup (Pics/video)
-Best beardie photo (Maybe "best tongue out", "best feeding shot", "best expression", etc.)
-Whoever can give this comic or photo the best caption gest 10% off a cage. (maybe do that every other week)
-Etc.

SherryInFL

Hatchling Member
If you need a tester LMK! I'm game to give ya honest feedback from a female's point of view that has no idea how to build ANYTHING.

Honestly would love 1.

RB1

Goodtruant":fahytr4t said:
I'm an engineer at a custom wood shop....unless you're building 10-20 of these at a time....$400 is not expensive.

Sure you can slap something together yourself for around $100 for the material and hardware. But your parts won't be edge banded, The material and cores will be from China, no nice rolling track hardware for your doors. And most of all, poor craftsmanship.

This viv looks well crafted and well finished with edge bands and nice hardware.

have you seen critter condo and the vivs they produce?the only thing i really like about this,not saying it's bad just over prices is the tracks for the door which critter condos don't have

saleen89559

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sorry everyone, I haven't been on this site in a few weeks.

I wish I could afford for you to be a tester for one SherryinFL. At the moment, they are all made to order. I have my prototype right now housing a rescue iguana that is handicapped with severe MBD. If you wanted to purchase one, I'll get you a price break, that is the best I can do for you.

The glass tracks are my secret. Can't reveal that information because I don't want Critter Condoz to get their hands on it. And just so you know how Critter Condoz works. They had 6 booth tables arranged for them at SEWERFest in Racine, WI last weekend, not a soul showed up from them and there were 6 empty booth slots because of it.

RB1

saleen89559":3kzcuwts said:
Sorry everyone, I haven't been on this site in a few weeks.

I wish I could afford for you to be a tester for one SherryinFL. At the moment, they are all made to order. I have my prototype right now housing a rescue iguana that is handicapped with severe MBD. If you wanted to purchase one, I'll get you a price break, that is the best I can do for you.

The glass tracks are my secret. Can't reveal that information because I don't want Critter Condoz to get their hands on it. And just so you know how Critter Condoz works. They had 6 booth tables arranged for them at SEWERFest in Racine, WI last weekend, not a soul showed up from them and there were 6 empty booth slots because of it.

You need to remember those are resellers,so don't generalize the whole company off one re seller,that's his problem his loss/money,i can tell you this much the local re sellers in NJ always show up with critter condos,not to mention most of the big breeders all use critter condos so keep that in mind if your trying to re sell these at that high of a price,also the tracks seems simple as i spoke to a condo re seller just two things need to be changed on the condo for it to be done

ReptileAddiction

Hatchling Member
I have to agree that the price is a little to high for what the product is. I would be comfortable paying 300 for that. If you have 400 dollars most people will not buy a melamine cage. They will buy something like from a company like cages by design. I just built a similar cage to the ones by cages by design. I will post pics of it when I finish the background but I spent 200 dollars for the material to build that. My cage would retail for easily 700 to 900 dollars. I really do not think that you will sell more than a few at that price. I know for a fact that I could make a similar cage with the same quality materials bought in bulk for a lot cheaper than what you are making them. I have an approximate number in my head based on your mark up that I know I could built that cage for about half of that. I recommend into looking into buying in bulk and getting a storage locker for the excess. This way you will be able to charge 300 with the same markup and have the materials to build many cages. I do not mean to sound rude this is just my take. You also shouldnt bother hiding your building info. I doubt Critter Condoz has even heard of you yet let alone see you as a threat. I would highly recommend making other styles of cages to. I have ideas for many cages that will suit more than just dragons. I also have built cages so I know what works and what sells. I also know how to make that cage, without to much modifications, a 500 dollar cage. P.M. me!

wykd

4x8 melamine from Home Depot - under 40.00, that 4x8 sheet is enough to make the top/back/sides/bottom
3/4 meleamine iron edge tape - under 6.00
8ft long 12in wide shelf - under 27.00, and more than enough to make upper and lower track holder for front
EPCO Aluminum sliding glass kit - under 40.00 @ http://woodworkers-hardware.amazonwebstore.com
Then your fastener of choice - screws/liquid nail/glue/etc... 20.00 or so

so roughly 150.00 in materials to DIY then your time investment which is a variable based on your skillset and tools at hand.

Is it to costly or not?

mudskipper

Juvie Member
wykd":uzmqcn3o said:
look up boamasters or caged dragon.com those are both good enclosures as well and much cheaper.

Chris Allen of cageddragon.com just told me the Critter Condos are not going to be available on the East Coast for a while. I'll check out boamaters. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom