New Viv Design I am working on

Status
Not open for further replies.

saleen89559

Juvie Member
Wondering what people's opinions will be on this viv. I can make it in multiple sizes, with plexi doors or tempered glass doors, and I can make them 100% stackable with a stand, or even a drawer section that can be placed anywhere in the stack.

This is Prototype version 1.0

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
That looks REALLY nice!!! :mrgreen: Very professional looking.

Are you going to sell them?

saleen89559

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I plan on it. I am looking for opinions and feedback right now. Prices shouldn't be an issue because these would be shipped right to your door. Most companies like Critter Condos want you to pick them up at shows or expos.

saleen89559

Juvie Member
Original Poster
You can either mount your own electrical system or I plan on providing a basic electrical system for an extra cost. Obviously the basic would include a basking fixture and UVB fixture.

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
I like it. Maybe you could manufacture a model with magnetic push-and-pop locks, or whatever they're officially called. Also, you might have to inquire about including the uvb tube fixture in the tank, as some may want to use MVBs. :D If you sell them through your own site, you could also sell herpstats, Reptisuns, and all of the best reptile hardware:)

saleen89559

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Did you open my head and take my ideas when I was sleeping? LOL

I actually have plans for selling UVB's, Basking, MVB's, Herpestats, Thermostats, Dimmers, etc.

The locks I intend to use are like display case locks for the aluminum tracks with tempered glass. Its a key lock that pushes in and locks both doors.

For the plexi doors, I intend on the slide lock that slips between the glass.

RB1

It looks nice and all but way overpriced,you can get a critter condo 4x2x18 or a little bigger than that with the same material for 220 or so,you charge 400,and on top of that i can get a custom stand for it which cost 184

which would still cost less than your single viv,but your choice tho,but seem overpriced

Jess

Extreme Poster
It looks amazing, but way out of my price range. :| What other sizes are you working on?

saleen89559

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The prices are subject to change first of all. My manufacturer is cutting costs and trimming excessive dollars on my costs.

Jess, I have many other sizes available, all of which will be listed shortly.

$400 isn't the exact price once I do my revisions, but here is some reasons why a few more bucks can be better....

1. How many people would rather someone else do all the leg work of cutting, drilling, and gluing because either they are too busy, or not handy enough to do it themselves? Some people will see the cost effectiveness because labor would kill that project by hiring someone to do it for you. Melamine sheets at 4x8 foot at lowes online is $40 alone after taxes.

2. After you cut Melamine for yourself, how easy is it to band the raw edges to give it a finished look? We cover that.

3. Our melamine isn't your standard home depot or lowes melamine. Its higher quality and a harder finish than the standards. Plus you can order colors, wood grains, and patterns, lowes and home depot or even menards don't offer that.

4. What if you mess up, and you need to go purchase another sheet of melamine? Our cage are CNC cut from a computer controlled system, each and every piece is cut exact every time, with all holes and mounting provisions built in.

Just food for thought. Its not a justification of my prices, its justification for the ease of use and necessity to fill all niches of the reptile market for a reliable product that doesn't cost $200 to ship because of oversize.

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
I'm an engineer at a custom wood shop....unless you're building 10-20 of these at a time....$400 is not expensive.

Sure you can slap something together yourself for around $100 for the material and hardware. But your parts won't be edge banded, The material and cores will be from China, no nice rolling track hardware for your doors. And most of all, poor craftsmanship.

This viv looks well crafted and well finished with edge bands and nice hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom