New Toilet Routine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackenedsabbath

Hatchling Member
Hello,

I don't know if I'm overthinking this, but I was wondering, is it normal for a bearded dragon to change the pattern of their bowel movements? Pancake used to have a bowel movement 4 to 5 hours after eating, but for the past few days I've noticed that instead he's been going to the bathroom the following morning instead. The temperatures in his tank haven't changed, no stress marks, he's still super active and alert, no difference in appetite. There aren't any abnormalities with his stool or urates, and he is still having a bowel movement daily, but it's just at a different time of day now... Is this normal for beardies or should I give him some extra baths and belly massages incase he has some slight constipation going on?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah sometimes it fluctuates. Some days they'll go multiple times and some not at all. They generally have a routine but it's not set in stone. If everything else is normal I don't think it's anything to be concerned with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom