new to the beardie scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinder

Juvie Member
Hello, my name is Gabriella, I'm 15 and I have had a ton of reptiles in my lifetime and a few furry animals too (but they never stay long 'cause my mom is allergic) from little geckos to a boa constrictor but after a bad experience with a hedgehog I decided I wanted something a little more interactive (unlike anoles which are the same as fish basicly except more work) and something more cuddly but I had never looked at bearded dragons before since they're always at the pet store by the dozens and just not exotic enough...but I decided to do some research anyways ('cause the ones on the movie Holes playing the "yellow spotted lizards" were pretty dang cute) and totally hit the goldmine so I looked at some breeders and stuff and I found Fallyn four weeks ago on a live online auction site where a breeder was selling his beardies because his site was under-contruction...he was selling her (at least I think it's a she, but picked a neutral name just-in-case) for almost nothing trying to get someone to take her because one of her siblings had bitten one of her back feet off and a few toes on her front foot and so I totally wanted her...and here I am with a baby bearded dragon.

Ok so her name is Fallyn...
She is 12 weeks old, tomorrow. and I got her when she was 8 weeks old.
I feed her small crickets and offer her veggies and fruits (even though she won't eat any veggies or fruits).
She is 8 1/4" now and was 6 1/4" when I got her.
I have her in a clear rubbermaid container for now, it's about 30"x20"x20" and me and my dad are building her a enclosure out of a dresser like this one: http://708designs.netfirms.com/customcage/customcage.htm
It should be done before winter.
Here are some Pictures of Fallyn and me:

100_1552.jpg

100_1551.jpg

100_1559.jpg

100_1558.jpg

100_1555.jpg

I KNOW...I know...NO sand for babys...(those pics are last week) I took the sand out...but if it's any consolation, it wasn't calci-sand, it was playsand from home depot.

redn3ckkittycat

Gray-bearded Member
She's super cute!! Congrats!! And yes...good for you for listening to the sand! I bet you're going to make a great beardie slave, i mean beardie owner :D

zebedeepink

Sub-Adult Member
Awww she's very pretty and beautiful colours. You won't regret getting a beardie. It was my husband who wanted George but guess who does everything for him? Yep it's me :lol: I love him to bits and we are already planning on adding to the family when we get another viv sorted. I think I've definitely got the beardie bug :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom