New to hatching silkies

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomommi

Hey Guys,
OK, I recieved an order from Coastal Silkworms. I ordered small silkworms, a silkworm egg kit, and some pheonix worms. In the kit is a dish with 500 eggs, a grater, 1/2 lb of mulberry food, a plastic container with grated red sheet that fits in the box and some strips of the red grate. There are no instructions with the silkies keeper, nor are there in on the website that I can find. I have cooked my mulberry food and gotten that squared away. D
Do I put the live silkworms in the keeper, or is that for when the eggs hatch? What do I do with the 5 strips that go in the keeper, and I assume the sheet of red plastic goes on the floor of the keeper. There is a little bit of instructions on the petri dish of eggs. It says to keep it warm and dry. In 7 to 10 days the eggs will turn a grayish color and that indicates that the eggs are getting ready to hatch. After they hatch (24 hours) move them to the keeper and feed with the Mulberry food.
I have the dish wrapped in a towel and loying on top of a heating pad set on 1 (hardly any warmth at all).
Can any of you enlighten me on this keeper that I have and do I move the live silkies from the container they came in to the keeper and how do I put it together.
Enough questions???? I swear, I should pay for a subscription to this site for all of the education and questions answered from you guys!!
Thanks,
zoomommi
Ollie in the tub!!
DSCF1958-1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom