How old is your dragon?
Approx. 9-10 months
How long have you had your dragon?
About 4/5 weeks
How long is your dragon?
14.5"
What is the sex of your dragon?
Male(I think)
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?
7'L x 2'D x 28"T
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank?
Linoleum/vinyl flooring and a small area with reptile carpet where he likes to sleep.
Do you use UVB lights?
Yes
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?
Fluorescent tube
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?
ZooMed Reptisun. 2 each of 10.0 & 5.0(I had purchased the 5.0 before I realized I needed 10.0 so I just alternated them in the fixtures.)
How old is your UVB bulb?
5 weeks
How close can your dragon get to the UVB?
12-14"
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? Is it a white or colored bulb?
Yes. ZooMed Repti Basking Spot Lamp, 75W. White
What are the basking temps?
104-107 (the basking area is multi-leveled)
What is the cool side temp?
80-85 day & 70-75 night
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?
Digital w/probe
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps?
On the basking surface.
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad?
No
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific.
Salad made up of dandelion greens, kale, turnip greens or mustard greens mixed with Healthy Herp Instant meal or Rep-Cal Juvenile Growth Formula pellets. Small-medium dusted & gut-loaded crickets. Introduced medium Phoenix Worms yesterday.
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)?
He gets salad in morning and afternoon, then live food late afternoon-early evening. He has food available at all times until about 2-3 hours before lights-out.
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?
Yes
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them?
Yes. ZooMeds Reptivite w/D3 1x/week. Fluker's Calcium:phosphorus 2-3x/week(on crickets)
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)?
About every 3 days
Do you bath your dragon? How often?
Yes. 2+ x/week
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath?
Yes. Mist daily and a small dish of water is always available.
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?
Not yet. I will schedule that this coming week.
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon?
No.

Ok, so now the questions. While he has been pooping kind of regularly(every 2-3 days), his previous owner said he went daily for them. Not sure if I should be concerned about that or not. Also, in the last few of days he has been hiding out a good part of the day and going to bed early at night. He's not basking after eating any more either. He'll eat and then go hide in the shade. Other than that, he looks good. Bright-eyed and not acting sick, just really sleepy/lazy and eating less than I feel he should. Any advice/suggestions are welcome.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Your setup seems fine the only thing I would do is lower the reptisun so that your dragon can get 6-8 inches away from it at the basking spot.

Are you limiting the amount of feeders being fed or is it as much as he can eat in any given time span?

I would stop with the misting in the tank though, its unnecessary and really only raises humidity levels.

-Brandon

Nibbles

Original Poster
claudiusx":35psa0ff said:
Hi there,

Your setup seems fine the only thing I would do is lower the reptisun so that your dragon can get 6-8 inches away from it at the basking spot.

Are you limiting the amount of feeders being fed or is it as much as he can eat in any given time span?

I would stop with the misting in the tank though, its unnecessary and really only raises humidity levels.

-Brandon

Ok, I'll do that.

He is allowed to eat as much as he wants. In fact, yesterday I gave him too many Phoenix worms I think because he gobbled them down way too fast and regurgitated soon after. Many of the worms were still alive :shock:

Ok, I was just trying to keep him hydrated and had been told by the previous owner to mist him daily. He isn't in a tank though. It's a custom built enclosure with plenty of ventilation. The humidity is at 28%.

Nibbles

Original Poster
So I shouldn't be worrying over him then? I can't believe how quickly I've gotten attached to him. Bringing him home was almost like bringing home a newborn lol. I want to make sure I'm doing everything right. Still learning what's normal and what's not. I've read so much my eyeballs should be bleeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom