New to Beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroPoet

Hello! My name is AstroPoet and I'm looking into maybe getting a bearded dragon. I live in San Jose California. Does anyone know a good breeder in my area? Or maybe a vet that takes care of beardies? And I also read that bearded dragons eat roaches and I'm kind of afraid of them so I was also wondering if they are okay just eating crickets, worms, and veggies. Thanks guys!

-AstroPoet

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
I'm new to beardies too. I live in TX, and feed my beardie flukers(?) pellets, it has crickets and worms in it. I also feed him salad and mist him 5 times a day. I bathe him one a week. Hope this helped! :D

81651-1257536668.jpg
81651-496558967.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Crickets are OK as a staple feeder. You can also offer Phoenix Worms and silk worms as regular feeders. The young ones will need about 80% of their diet to be bugs (some of them will only eat bugs) to sustain growth. Once they reach about 12-18mo they transition to be about 80% vegetarian so providing a nice balanced daily salad is a good with supplement of bugs every day or two. There is a good list of items to put in a salad here: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom