New to Beardies and rescues

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
Hey all, I picked up this little one from craigs list yesterday. It ate 5 calcium dusted crickets this morning and seems to have nibbled or at least pushed around some salad while I was gone today. Salad was turnip greens, a bit of spinach, a tiny bit of romaine, and little pieces of mango and blueberry. This evening, he/she ate 10-12 more crickets. Pooped while I was gone between 6am and 5pm, it was solid dark with some white urates. I'm usually not gone for that long, so I'll be able to monitor/feed more frequently tomorrow as well as most days.

I don't know how to tell if its in good condition, I know its small for its supposed age, only about a foot at one year.

IMG_8176.jpg

IMG_8175.jpg

IMG_8174.jpg

I have an order of phoenix worms to be shipped monday, and I am going to grab some collards, bok choy, dandilion etc. I was wondering if anyone makes salads in advance or uses frozen greens? I have a farm share and get a lot of great produce for very cheap during the season. Off season, it is not so cheap, but if I could freeze it, I could keep my guy in cheap, organic greens till March.

Anyway, I hope the lovely people here can offer some advice and support in this endeavor.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm too new to give you any advice, but I just wanted to say that your little guy is a cutie! I have been giving my beardie (about 5 months old) Phoenix worms, and he LOVES them. I've heard of people giving beardies frozen peas (defrosted). I don't know about freezing anything else. Good luck with your new addition, and thanks for posting the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom