New Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im here asking a question. I have a very odd acting Dragon on my hands. My Beardie Buzz. Has a styrofoam backing in her tank. Looks like rocks. That she never used to bother with. But now she’s climbing it and running across it. And digging at it in the corners and she’s glass surfing. She’s in a 40 Gallon exo Terra tank. Hot side is about 100F during the day and dips to about 75-80ish at night. I’m not sure what’s going on. She did just move and it’s been a few days but she has been acting like this for a long time. Ever since I bought her the tank. Because she was doing it in the old tank. She seems to like climbing should I get a bigger tank or a viviarium? What size should I get? Last time I measured my beardie she was almost 18 inches long. I’m just curious as to what’s going on. She’s healthy. Not dark coloured or anything. She’s otherwise a healthy beardie. She’s about a year old. Any help would be appreciated

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They do like to climb around on those exo terra backgrounds. It's not a big deal unless it starts to come apart in which case I'd remove it. I removed mine to provide some extra width to the tank and replaced it with a photo background taped to the outside of the glass and that works well. I have the same tank for my adult but consider it a minimum and on the small side. If you can build a larger tank I'd give it a try. Otherwise I would (and do) make up for it with time outside the tank to run around and explore if you have a safe area for her to do so. You can set up portable basking lights for her to return to and warm up as she's out and about. If she can't be out of her tank for some reason, then a larger tank is probably appropriate.

NewBeardieOwner421

Original Poster
I have a huge living room area I don’t use and I put a blanket down and let her run around on that. I will remove the background because she pulls off pieces of the styrofoam as she runs across it so much. But she also has started glass surfing as well but doesn’t show any signs of stress what so ever. Is she possibly looking to try and mate as it’s spring time and she seems to be going nuts. She won’t even let me hold Onto her anymore she used to be very docile and as the weather gets warmer she seems to always want out of her tank

NewBeardieOwner421

Original Poster
I have a huge living room area I don’t use and I put a blanket down and let her run around on that. I will remove the background because she pulls off pieces of the styrofoam as she runs across it so much. But she also has started glass surfing as well but doesn’t show any signs of stress what so ever. Is she possibly looking to try and mate as it’s spring time and she seems to be going nuts. She won’t even let me hold Onto her anymore she used to be very docile and as the weather gets warmer she seems to always want out of her tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom