New tank set up!!! weeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
So as some of you know i had bought a 2nd beardie about 2 weeks ago maybe. . . well i only had 1 tank so i split the 40gal breeder i had in half for the time being. Well yesterday i had found another 40gal breeder in riverside for 70 bucks with a new 36in florescent hood, repti glo 8, and a basking light with a 75watt infrared light.

all in all i think it was a pretty solid deal for 70 bucks, since the hood itself is pretty pricy and he said the light has about 4-5 more months. I prob wont use the heat light unless its for my roaches during winter, and the hood is going to be used for my girl friends sulcata turtle.

but anyways heres the new tank set up for my beardie, yoshi! peach's tank pictures should be up tomorrow since its late and shes sleeping.

Tank is set up with 1/2 screened play sand ( i screened it again to remove what ever was left) and 1/2 tile. It has a t-rex MVB with basking temps of about 105-110, with a cool side of around 80-85, or slightly higher depending on what the temp is in my room. I also added a plexi shield on the tile side for which im hoping will keep crickets/roaches contained, while keeping sand away from his food.

I used to use a separate feeding tank, but he just recently decided that he no longer likes being fed in it. . . go figure hes a temperamental beardie!

all in all i like this set up quite a bit. . .let me know what you all think!

-kyle

P1010011.jpg

Yoshi in his new tank

P1010009.jpg

New tank set up

P1010012.jpg

Another view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom