New Tank Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mentalj21

Good evening all i was recently given a bearded dragon, unfortunately the enclosure is to small so i have decided to build a new tank 120x60x60 cm so he has plenty of room to move around in. Now my question is about the UVB light i have been searching the internet and came across Arcadia T5 pro 12% UVB light which seems from what i have read the perfect light for my setup. Now i know the distance from the light should be 30-45cm but my question is with the length do i want it to cover the whole 120 cm length or cover half of it ?
On the website they have 3 different sizes::
ProT5 Kit 12% 24w Length 57 cm
ProT5 Kit 12% 39w Length 87 cm
ProT5 Kit 12% 54w Length 117 cm
Originally i was going to order the 87 length one that would leave 33 cm of the cool zone but maybe that is to little so now i am thinking about getting the 57 cm one that would leave 63 cm of cool zone and would create a better gradient... But i need someone with experience to chime in and offer me some advice on what light to grab.
O nearly forgot my beardie is 2.5 years old thats what the previous owner told me and is in great shape but really want the best for him.

Cheers for the help ! really appreciate it and hello everyone new here :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd go with the 87 with the 12%. If using the 14% bulb, I like only half of the length of the tank.

-Brandon

mentalj21

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply :) yeah was just a tad hesitant on what to purchase the 87 will be fine then, then there would be a 30 cm cool space. Once again cheers for the reply very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom