New substrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taralachelle

Hatchling Member
So I'm trying to find a new substrate for mandalas enclosure. I was using paper towels for a bit, but I realized that if I didn't feed him every single time he wanted he would throw a tantrum and start ripping it to pieces....little punk....so I started using regular towels but that just gets frustrating to clean and replace every single day.... I've read that using sand isn't good for them, but my friend has used it for his beardie for years and has never had an issue

Any ideas?!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there. I imagine it is hard using paper towels and regu;ar towels. NON-adhesive shelf liner works great. It is easy to clean and cones in a large variet of colors and patterns. You would want the type without holes and the DUCK brand is more cushiony. Here's a few to giive you an idea although ane dept store should carry it. https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_17?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=shelf+liner+duck&sprefix=shelf+liner%2C+duck%2Caps%2C147

We don't recommend using sand for a few reasons, it is dusty, it's impossible to clean up all their waste which can cause bacteria to form and since beardies love to lick anything, it is an impaction risk.

Slate tiles also work well too, warm up nicely and can help keep their nails filed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom