New snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddyburgi

Extreme Poster
Well hello everyone. I normally hang out in the "off topic" area of the forum but thought i would drop in to say hello to the snake people. I just got a ball python and corn snake this past week. The reason i got 2 basically back to back was the corn snake was a craigs list rescue and was an early birthday gift for my 6 year old son and the ball python needed to be rehomed because they owners got a puppy and did not feel their 3 balls were getting enough attention.

I say the corn was a rescue because there was an ad for a free corn snake and I went to go get it, it had no water and no source of heat. Seemed like some college student just bought a "cool pet". It had escaped its tank and the owners girlfriend refused to come back over until the snake was gone.

Like I said the corn snake was a gift for my son. He named him "George" after "Curious George". We often call him Curious George though because he favorite think to do is climb the wall and then squeeze himself between the rim of the tank and the screen lid and try to find a way out. It is hard to explain what he does, but I hope you understand.

The ball pythons names is "littlefoot". That was the name he had when I got him and I think I quite like the name, so it stayed. Plus I will enjoy introducing "littlefoot" once he is full grown.

Can you believe I have had snakes less then a week and am already thinking of breeding? LOL

Well it is getting late and I need to head to bed. Just thought i should introduce myself in this section. I will try to remember to post some pictures some time on Wednesday.

sparky5969

Hatchling Member
Welcome to the snake side and Congrats on your new snake additions... As your finding they can be addicting :lol: If you have any questions feel free to ask we are here to help :mrgreen: And we need pics or it doesnt count :D

daddyburgi

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Littlefooteaster.JPG

LIttlefoot on Easter

Gerogeonship.JPG

George on one of Ethans new toys.

daddyburgi

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I see that the picture of George did not upload correctly. I am trying to fix that but may need to use a different computer to do so. Will get it fixed ASAP

EDIT* OK I fixed it. He has some very interesting yellow coloring on the bottom towards the head.

daddyburgi

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I do have some other pictures. They are not that good because I do not have my good camera right now. But thought i would share anyways.

LIttlefootfloor2.JPG

Littlefoot on the floor

Littlefootfloor.JPG

Another shot on the floor.

Georgecage.JPG

Georges cage

Littlefootcage.JPG

Littlefoots cage (I have replaced the carpet with aspen shavings

Let me know what you think. I read that ball pythons like a cluttered cage so I am trying to figure out what to do about that.

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
I thought aspen wasn't that good for balls? I could be wrong tho, my balls are on shredded paper :lol: I really like littlefoot tho, he reminds me of Ballz when we first got him.

daddyburgi

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hmmmm anyone else have information on aspen not being good for balls? I was told on another forum that it would be ok would just have to get rid of it if littlefoot ever got mites until the mites are gone.

I am still learning and certainly do not want to do anything bad for my python.

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
I did more reading, it's pine that's bad. But I did read alot of people having problems with mites from the aspen so I'm really not sure how to think of it :lol: sorry if that's confusing.

sparky5969

Hatchling Member
I personally use paper towels but aspen is perfectly ok use. A lot of owners use aspen for their ball pythons with out any problems... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom