New research on UV lights. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Will do. I think am going to wait until the T8 10.0 bulb we have hits the 6-month mark (since we already spent the money on it) to upgrade to the T5 10.0. My dragon has an extremely healthy appetite and basks all day, so I think she will be okay until then.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Oh she's definitely in that range. We have a 12X12X30 tank because she's still a juvenille, and she has a 3-in raised basking spot.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
YoursTruly":2vtscpfb said:
So what about length? Is 2ft sufficient? Or should I go with 3ft?
Depends on the size of the cage. Aim for about 1/2 coverage, this allows for adequate gradient. A 2ft lamp will be good for up to a 4-5' long cage, 5'+ I would look at a 36" and some additional ambient lights. (Or a multi socket fixture).

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
newbeardie11":pt95jj2u said:
Update!

I switched to a T5 strip light, around 20 Cm from my dragon.

His behaviour has changed tenfold. He eats his greens, is super active and has all of his good colours showing.

Thanks everyone.

Does your T5 have a reflector on it? If so it will be better to move it a bit further away.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
newbeardie11":297p2kwb said:
Whats optimal for the T5? 25cm is the farthest i can get it without mounting it outside of the tank.

With a reflector 25-30cm through screen or 30-35cm without screen

Without a reflector 20-25cm without screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom