New petsmart beardie sick?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberH

Original Poster
I know it's hard to see because it is so small plus he has so many patterns lol. I promise it is there. I must seem crazy ?. I'll definitely look into taking him in if it isn't better by next week or so. It is almost like he is just afraid of using his leg. Kind of like when you break a leg and get the cast off and you don't really trust the leg for a bit. Cause when I press on the spot he does jump but he doesn't act like it's excruciatingly painful.

AmberH

Original Poster
Hey everyone! Just wanted to give you an update. Ollie is doing alright. Is toe is still swollen but he is using his back legs. However he does have a slight spine deformation at the base of his neck. I think he has a case of MBD but I had him under the reptisun 10.0 strip bulb and had him on calcium powder. I feel awful because he does have tremors and it is really hard for him to turn himself around without falling on to his back. I was wondering if you had any advice on how to help his condition. He is still alert and he is eating, he just isn't eating as much as he used to. He is able to move forward completely fine, but like i said its really pitiful when he tries to turn around. i thought about getting liquid calcium but I am not sure what kind to get. I have a 100 percent pure calcium powder for him with no D3 and i ordered a brand new reptisun 10.0 that helped his back legs. I also have him under a 100 watt powers MVB for extra UVB. I am doing everything I can to make sure he isn't in pain and healing up. I know the spine deformation might be permanent but I just want him to be able to walk without hurting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom