New Owner Worries

Status
Not open for further replies.

KamataKun

Woke up with anxiety in my mind, and this time it's geared towards my new beardie. He's only three months old and I just got him yesterday. He has a lot of relocation stress because his journey here was not a pleasant one (he pooped during shipping and was forced to sit in it). He ran around the tank a lot yesterday.

I was wondering how this little guy will drink? I worry that him not eating will mean he won't get enough water. He did drink a little for me when he arrived, but refused the rest of the day. Do they not need that much water? He hasn't had interest in food yet, which is understandable, but if he's not eating, I worry about his water intake.

I haven't even offered water today yet, it's still stupidly early and dark, and my anxiety over this is keeping me from going back to sleep. Maybe he'll take water for me today, but he seems awfully afraid of me when I go near the tank.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's normal to be anxious , first there's the waiting + worrying during shipping, then imagining the worst if they are a little skittish + don't eat. So that's normal for you and normal stress related activity [ not eating right away ] for the beardie. Give him a few days /week to settle in. Offer water with a dropper or syringe on his mouth. Offer a few insects at a time and just be patient. post pics of the baby in his new tank and include the lights, here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom