New owner tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

shymarienez

My husband has wanted a bearded dragon for years, and we plan to purchase one too. Before we do so I want to make sure we have an adequate aquarium (glass) size. I've read bearded dragons need no less than a 40 gallon tank when they're adults. We have a tank that is roughly 35 gallons. I know it'd work at first, but we'd like to know if we could continue to use it through it's adulthood. Also it's only 13 inches tall. Is that alright? Thanks for the help. I'd love to not have to buy a whole new tank if I can get away with it. But I do want to make sure our bearie would be happy.

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
For bearded dragons, it's more about the length and the width than the height. A 40 gallon tank would be 36x18x18. If your tank is at least 36" long and 18" wide, it will be good enough when it gets to an adult. If it's smaller, it'll probably feel a bit cramped for your bearded dragon as it grows. I prefer a 40 gallon as opposed to a 55 gallon myself since the 55 gallon is only 12" wide so that gives the dragon less room to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom