New owner of a beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRAAAAY

Hey!

My name is Emma and i just recently got my 1st bearded dragon.

She is 4 years old and is called Zuki.

I bought her off someone who couldnt give her enough attention due to having a child, so i took her on.

I was wondering if there was anything that i needed to know about bearded dragons or if someone wants to tell me something about their beardies that would be useful for a 1st timer!

My girl loves cuddles and the bath, after having her for a week she has settled in very well to her new home so i am very happy!

Thanks Guys

Emma & Zuki :)

Use Repti-Glo 20wt rod light
Basking side of the cage should be at about 105 degrees during the day.
Lots and Lots of crickets (easily 20-30 a day)
You said its 4 years... so thats old enough for repti-sand. You must use a certain kind of repti-sand because some of the sands out there have bigger grains.. and its a big no no. If you dont want to use sand, just use some felt, aka repti-carpet.
When/If your dragon's beard is black, shes not in a good mood.

GRAAAAY

Original Poster
Thanks very much for the info!

we got given alot of stuff with her and the things she likes/dislikes.

i didnt know her beard would change colour, i thought it would just fan out if she was angry?!

Emma

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
An adult beardie's basking temp should only be about 95 - 100 tops.. babies need a warmer basking area than adults.. I disagree with the sand no matter what age.. It can hurt their eyes, and easily become impacted by it. Better to be safe than sorry, especially when there are so many more options out there, that are a heck of a lot easier to clean than sand...

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Also, you should use a repti sun 10.0 flourescent bulb, not the repti glo as this has been known to cause eye problems in beardies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom