New owner i have some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zobeyda

Beardie name(s)
Charizard
So ive had my bearded dragon for a couple weeks and she has this thing on her mouth that looks like an injury but maybe im just paranoid. I see her everyday and constantly checking her but this looks new. Also her nostrils look like they have stuff in them? I'm wondering if there's something I can do for her.
Second question, she has shed that is still on her, she was shedding when I got her but she still has small pieces here and there on her scales, do I remove them or wait until they fall off on their own?
Third question. Her scales on her back and head turn green/black sometimes and then change back to normal but her beard stays the same. Is this a temperature issue or just something they do?
Final question. She doesn't eat much during the day, she might still be getting used to her environment but when I feed her she eats about 3 worms and 2 roaches and some greens but that's all she wants for the day and I don't think that's enough.
PS she is 5 months old, 13" long and currently in a 20 gal tank while I finish building her 4x2x2 tank to be done in the next few days. Currently She has a reptisun T5 HO 10.0 uvb and a 100watt basking bulb. The tank temp is 88 °f with a 103°f basking and a 78°f cool side. I feed her greens, dubia roaches, horn worms and superworms. I've been giving her baths for the shed about every other day and she's a very active girl.

Attachments

• 20220415_164614.jpg
    20220415_164614.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 20220415_164602.jpg
    20220415_164602.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 20220414_173849.jpg
    20220414_173849.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 59

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So ive had my bearded dragon for a couple weeks and she has this thing on her mouth that looks like an injury but maybe im just paranoid. I see her everyday and constantly checking her but this looks new. Also her nostrils look like they have stuff in them? I'm wondering if there's something I can do for her.
Second question, she has shed that is still on her, she was shedding when I got her but she still has small pieces here and there on her scales, do I remove them or wait until they fall off on their own?
Third question. Her scales on her back and head turn green/black sometimes and then change back to normal but her beard stays the same. Is this a temperature issue or just something they do?
Final question. She doesn't eat much during the day, she might still be getting used to her environment but when I feed her she eats about 3 worms and 2 roaches and some greens but that's all she wants for the day and I don't think that's enough.
PS she is 5 months old, 13" long and currently in a 20 gal tank while I finish building her 4x2x2 tank to be done in the next few days. Currently She has a reptisun T5 HO 10.0 uvb and a 100watt basking bulb. The tank temp is 88 °f with a 103°f basking and a 78°f cool side. I feed her greens, dubia roaches, horn worms and superworms. I've been giving her baths for the shed about every other day and she's a very active girl.
She looks good -- her snout looks like shes been rubbing her nose on something like the glass maybe ? Please leave the shed alone - do not pick at it you could damage scales causing an infection- she looks like she has a stuffed up nose which would be shed - just leave it - it will come out eventually - the other parts of the shed let them do their thing- does she have stuff to rub up against ? Also when the shed gets to be crackly and dry you can take and mist her in the tank get a baby soft toothbrush and gently brush her the loose stuff will come off -- where is she sitting when her back turns color? The T 5 is strong for a 20 gallon tank - can you show me the screen please?

Zobeyda

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charizard
She looks good -- her snout looks like shes been rubbing her nose on something like the glass maybe ? Please leave the shed alone - do not pick at it you could damage scales causing an infection- she looks like she has a stuffed up nose which would be shed - just leave it - it will come out eventually - the other parts of the shed let them do their thing- does she have stuff to rub up against ? Also when the shed gets to be crackly and dry you can take and mist her in the tank get a baby soft toothbrush and gently brush her the loose stuff will come off -- where is she sitting when her back turns color? The T 5 is strong for a 20 gallon tank - can you show me the screen please?
That's what was recommended to me and as I said in about 3 days she will be switching over to the 4x2x2 tank with a 34" uvb light. I had a T5 HO 5.0 uvb before this and I was told she needed a 10.0 since the light sits on top of a screen so I changed it. And I haven't noticed a pattern when she changes colors just every now and then it goes back and forth. I did notice though that it never turns black when she's soaking. I've attached a pic of her with the color change from yesterday. She will be in the same spot and be bright yellow/orange and then later have black scales.
Thanks about the shed! I had a leopard gecko for 9 years and I am used to them who shed in one go basically and it seems bearded dragons shed in patches so I thought maybe the shed was stuck. But ill definitely leave it alone, I do make sure when I soak her to get a little bit of water on the shed just to help a bit without messing with it.

Attachments

• 20220415_174847.jpg
    20220415_174847.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220415_174831.jpg
    20220415_174831.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom