New Mali Uromastyx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
You have a great looking Uro. About the tail like Brandon had said there are differences in their tails. From what I can gather those differences vary from one species to the next.

roseplummer

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok using the info for sexing BDs Nitro would be a boy with no question lol And his tail felt weird. I have some sensory texture issues and it made me a bit queasy lol I don't usually touch his tail.

roseplummer

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Nitro has been really out and checking us out today. He didn't even hide when the kids went to check him out. He is so cute when he turns his little head to check us out :D

roseplummer

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Couple more pictures. I don't want to take him out yet and scare him so all the pictures are from the other side of the glass. I am working on gaining his trust before I try to pick him up to much.

IMG_5109.jpg

IMG_5112.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He is a cutey. I love how filled out his stomach is. Thats a good sign in Uro's.

-Brandon

roseplummer

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He loves his greens lol. I add in a tiny amount of fruit every couple days. Those days he eats the fruit first and refuses to eat the salad for a few hours in the hopes that I will give him more fruit. I love how sweet he is. Not at all aggressive, just nervous.

roseplummer

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have discovered that everytime I make the baby cry Nitro comes out and gives me the stink eye. He hides from the other kids but he comes out and watches the baby. I think he knows she has stuff wrong with her or something and is being protective. Even when her therapist was here and made her cry he gave her the stink eye and he never comes out when strangers are around.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah haha. Calcifer only ever really comes out when she hears Naughtica clawing at her cage lol.

-Brandon

roseplummer

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Nitro likes to do the glass dancing thing. Sometimes he will be fully supported on his tail. It's so funny. I picked him up a bit and he didn't really like that but I could tell he had gained some weight!
IMG_5153.jpg

IMG_5155.jpg

getting sleepy
IMG_5165.jpg

roseplummer

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks I think he is pretty cute lol

Forgot this one. His spikeless tail. Yes I missed a spot when cleaning the glass lol
IMG_5168.jpg

roseplummer

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Anyone take there Uro outside for play time? I am thinking of taking Nitro out for some sun (in the dry kiddie pool).

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have not, but if I had a kiddie pool like you I definitely would. Don't put any water in it though.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom