New main food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oriheme

Juvie Member
Ok I have had NO luck w crickets.. I've ordered from Flukers now 2ce(4xs if u count them resending the purchase) and ive gotten maybe 200 alive each time ive ordered. the pet stores around here are extremely expensive.. like 20 cents per cricket.. Boba Fett is about 9 inches long(I will be measuring him later today when I get off work) my question is what is a good staple for a baby beardie, 1 that will not die easily otw here. I also should add that my bf will not allow roaches in our apartment and im sure neither will our landlord. He doesn't eat phoenix worms but I am curious on if its bc they are the small ones and maybe they are just too small? when we got him he was eating nothing but meal worms(which I refuse to even buy!!!) and broccoli... so his food has changed quite the bit in the 20 days since we got him... so guys ANY ideas for him? or should I just stick to crickets and just bite the big 1 and go to the pet store... please help me out!!

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
For staple insect feeders, your choices are basically:

Crickets
Dubia (or other tropical roach species)
Phoenix Worms (Repti-Worms, Calci-Worms)
Silk Worms
Super Worms (if beardie is 16+" long nose to tail)

For "treat" insect feeders, you can also add:

Hornworms
Waxworms
Butter Worms

There may be a few other insects that are viable, but that's primarily the list I've ever seen.

Dementeddogz

Hatchling Member
Soulwind":1tptvwt9 said:
For staple insect feeders, your choices are basically:

Crickets
Dubia (or other tropical roach species)
Phoenix Worms (Repti-Worms, Calci-Worms)
Silk Worms
Super Worms (if beardie is 16+" long nose to tail)

For "treat" insect feeders, you can also add:

Hornworms
Waxworms
Butter Worms

There may be a few other insects that are viable, but that's primarily the list I've ever seen.

Not sure id classify supers as a staple, maybe on occasion but definitely not and main staple.
I find dubias to be easy to maintain and breed and more will tear then up quickly. May run into resistance on new dragons fed something else but will do well with them. Phoenix do well in terms of nutrients same with horns and silks but can be pricey as much as they eat they go quick. Pinkies can be given to larger dragons a few times a week as a "treat" Variety is key but we have found what works for us for each dragon and work around that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom