new little dudes need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleppery

I got these guys a couple days ago.

415840_10150833161396417_552966416_9747285_948777039_o.jpg

463306_10150833162916417_552966416_9747293_1376210279_o.jpg

546210_10150827475156417_552966416_9725345_1492707099_n.jpg

I took the first two photos minutes ago. The third photo was taken saturday. They were both doing pretty bad and one of them has made a huge turn around but still not really eating. I think it should soon. The one with the quarter pretty much refuses to move and is in a constant state of stress (based off it's coloring). I've been giving it sweet potato baby food via syringe and it will kind of perk up for about 20 minutes after I feed it then goes back into it's sleep mode. I have them on paper towels because it holds the moisture from a misting really well and I'm pretty sure they were dehydrated since the woman told me not to give them ANY water since beardies drown o.o crazy woman. My question is....is this beardie going to make it and how old are these guys? She told me 4 months but I don't know....they seem super small. I've never had a beardie so little so I'm not sure and I know the age is going to make a difference on my course of action here. Suggestions? Ideas? I would really like it if this little dude could pull through.

Thanks!

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Aww poor little guys :( They barely look a few weeks old....but their size really does depend on their care so it's really hard to tell.( If they are 4 months though they are TINY) For example:
wow.jpg

The baby on the left I have had since the beginning and she is not even 6 weeks old. The small one on the right I bought off someone and was told he was 8 weeks old and was only fed 2/3 crickets a day :(
If he's not already, you should make sure the stressed out guy is by himself in a tank, not with the other guy. If you can find it you should also try using chicken baby food mixed with some water since the babies really need the protein. Also a good way of getting water into them. You should try something other than sweet potato, that may be upsetting his stomach. Check out this guide: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutritionframeset.html It says to feed bearded dragons sweet potatoes rarely. What I do with my babies that aren't eating is mix together mostly chicken baby food, some butternut squash baby food, calcium powder and water and feed them that through a syringe. They seem to love it and it has done wonders :)

Good luck and please keep us posted!!!!

greathouseFarm

Juvie Member
Gosh I hope they didn't ask for money for those babies. Well don't lose hope. I would actually go out to petsmart or petco and get some Fleukers Reptaboost. It's essentially the same as making your own slurry but eliminates the hassle of mixing and it doesn't go bad since you mix what you need. That being said if they have not had any protein (insects - chicken baby food etc) they may need to be weaned back onto it. The best thing to do would be to get something in them... a small amount at a time to see how they tolerate it. Make sure they are warm enough to digest as well. Rather then keeping them on a wet paper towel give them several baths a day to drink. YOu may also be able to pick up some Leapin Lizards Electrolytes & Acidopholiz+ but if not some pedialyte and some soy yogurt from trader joes will do. It must be soy non-dairy. I hope this info helps... we can explain all the whys to this stuff later on if you like ;) just trying to keep it short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom