New Leopard Gecko!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiara

Hatchling Member
Meet Kirin :)
Photoon2010-12-11at2233.jpg

This is the world's worst picture, but I didn't want to stress him (or her?) out. He's in a 10 gallon tank with reptile carpet, a cave on the warm side and his hide with moist moss on the other... along with a little water dish and a dish for calcium. I fed him some crickets in another kritter keeper so I wouldn't have to dig them out.... Any other suggestions of stuff I need? There's a little plant in there so he can get into the hide... (it's a clean yogurt container w/ a hole in the lid)

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Aw, what a cutie! I love leos. It sounds like you have a good setup. I have my girl in a 20 gallon long which gives her a bit more roaming space - you may want to consider that when he/she's a bit older, but it's not necessary. If you have any superworms, you can feed him/her the white ones - my June loves them!

kiara

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no, all I have right now is small crickets. I put about a dozen in the critter keeper last night for him, but he just looked horrified.... He's currently snoozing happily under is warm cave. If he's going to hibernate like Ryuu is I'm not going to buy any superworms right now....

Can they eat small hornworms? Don't have any, but it's Ryuu's favorite snack :)

Floof

Juvie Member
Cute!!

kiara":1bfwlvyn said:
no, all I have right now is small crickets. I put about a dozen in the critter keeper last night for him, but he just looked horrified.... He's currently snoozing happily under is warm cave. If he's going to hibernate like Ryuu is I'm not going to buy any superworms right now....

Can they eat small hornworms? Don't have any, but it's Ryuu's favorite snack :)

Last I heard, leopard geckos don't hibernate. Have you tried asking about that on a good gecko forum?

He should be able to eat hornworms no problem as long as they're small enough--also silkworms, butterworms, and any other "bug" food your beardie can eat. :)

kiara

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
they do hibernate if cold enough... I think he's just scared. He's out moving around right now...

Here's a little better picture...

121210162750.jpg

jeoestreich

Juvie Member
I would keep your moist hide on the warm side. This way it will help them shed. When I had my geckos, they hardly ever left there moist hide.

What a cute little guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom