New, Inexperienced Beardie Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaceySmith

Hello everyone! My name is Lacey and I'm SO happy to have found this forum!
While on a pet-sitting job, one of my "clients" was a 4 hear old male bearded dragon.
The owner had raised him from a hatchling as part of a senior year project in high school. The past year had been extremely difficult for her, as her mother had been seriously ill and subsequently passed away. She has a new baby daughter, and with the stress of being a new young mother who'd just lost her own mother, working, and going to college part time, her attachment to, and care of the dragon fell by the wayside. He'd lost weight, wasn't eating much and wasn't being let out of his viv or held any longer, as she was afraid of possible salmonella contamination with the baby. My daughter and I offered to take him, and she readily agreed. That was almost two weeks ago.

I have ZERO experience with these creatures, and frankly thought he was creepy and scary. I was planning to find a suitable animal rescue/shelter or reptile enthusiast to take him off my hands. But my daughter fell in love with him, and then the unexpected happened. I fell in love with him too :love10:

So... we started researching because I didn't have any idea what Falcor (my daughter named him) should eat, or anything else about how to care for him. Thank goodness for this forum! What a wonderful, trustworthy source of information and support!
Thanks to the info here, I *think* we have a good basic knowledge of what to do to ensure Falcor's health and happiness, but I still have a TON of questions, which I will ask in another post. :D

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Welcome to dragon keeping :)
This site is a great place to start and there are many helpful folks here. Don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have!

LaceySmith

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcomes!
I'll be posting more info and questions later. Getting ready to go buy some supplies for our sweetie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom