New House

Status
Not open for further replies.

frylok

Original Poster
herrpcare doesn't mention D3 on it anywhere, and the Jurassic Cal says it does not contain D3, but the vitaspray says it does have D3. So I should just replace all 3 I have with a calcium supplement that has D3 and a mutivitamin, right? And I need to move her basking rock further away from the bulb, and get a new bulb.

I was checking out that link when I remember I had just gotten a catalogue from DrsFosterSmith.com and I get $5 off my first order. So i turned to the vitamin section of it and they have a
Flucker's Liquid Vitamin Spray, it says "packed with essential mutlivitamins, amino acids, trace minerals, and electrolytes to support herp health. Simply spritz onto leafy vegetables, pellets, feeder insects, and more to ensure consumption of 12 vitamins, seven minerals, and 18 amino acids"

And Reptocal, which says" Give your fast growing reptile the calcium and phosphorous he needs. Powdered mineral supplement inlcudes vitamins A,D,B,and E. Use on moist or live foods. Use once or twice a week- for all reptiles.

Do those sound like they would work? I was planning on ordering my cricket food and Flucker's Bearded Dragon Buffet Blend from that place anyway so if those calcium and vitamins will work I can order it all from one place. But gettin the right stuff is more important than saving a few dollars on shipping, so if i have to I'll order from the link. Thanks again for everyone's help.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
my cat is the same way! Almost like the dragon is her best friend and favorite pet. Definitely a love/hate relationship on both ends.

K9KidsLove

Sub-Adult Member
Hi...You want calcium without phosphorous.
Do you have a farm/feed store near you? I get chick starter there to use for feeding crickets. It is super cheap. I paid a couple dollars for a 5 lb bag last time and it will last me most of a year...I order 4-5000 every 2 weeks.
Check http://www.petmountain.com for less expensive supplies.
You might want to try putting your dragon under the heat light each morning til he gets used to the new set up. He needs to be warm in order to digest the food he eats. And his UVB needs to be 6" - 8" from wherever he spends most of his time.
Good luck
Patsy

frylok

Original Poster
I'm goin to readjust some things try to get her uvb light a little closer, she was on her rock yesterday and I measured from her head to the bulb and it was about 8 inches. So I'm gonna put a spacer under the light to lower it an inch or so. Also yesterday she went in her hide at about 3 o'clock and never came out, I moved her to her basking rock this morning. She was pretty cold to the touch when I picked her up. I'm gettin worried about her wanting to hide all the time, and she hasn't eaten much of anything since the move, which was on Sat. Hoping if I move the light that will get her up and moving, in her old cage she'd eat 2 big bowls of greens everyday plus her crickets, and most times a few bites of her pellet food if i was slow gettin her greens to her in the morning. She hasn't touched her greens or pellets, and only ate 2 crickets only cause they wandered too close to her head. Hopefully movin the light will get her back to normal.

XCrunner

Hatchling Member
also, you can also cut off a small section of a t shirt or something and put him/her in it at night, i think that helps keep em kinda warm. it works well for my baby, it also helps him get used to the scent of human, since your guy is already grown, it might just help keeping warm

frylok

Original Poster
Thanks I'll giver her a little blanket tonight. But she hasn't eaten at all today, i even tried hand feeding her meal worms(her favorite) and she wouldn't take em. Any suggestion for the not eating?

K9KidsLove

Sub-Adult Member
I would suggest removing the hides so she has to stay where it is warm. I don't put hides in my tanks. I feel like if they are hiding they aren't getting enough UVB or heat to keep their metabolism running properly. I wouldn't stress too much if she doesn't eat for a couple days. She is still getting used to the changes. Adults often don't eat every day. Most of mine were leaving food uneaten. With my crowd, that is way too much waste so I now feed every other day... after they are a year old. All are healthy and happy.
Good luck
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom