New here

Shiana23

So I am new here and just recently got my bearded dragon. I have had him for a month and love him. He looks health i did a lot of research and watching videos. He will run around and he is in a 20 gallon tank I am going to get him one bigger just what I could get at the time since he is a juvenile. I know thrive products aren’t recommended but it can in the cage package looking to get better when I get the bigger tank. He eats like crazy and runs around like crazy when I take him out of his cage. I noticed that one of his poops had a water consistency with it. The poop looked healthy I’ve only noticed it once and it was the second bowel movement. I have given him bigger crickets because I needed some and the pet store only had big ones going back to the smaller ones. I attached a photo of what I kinda looked like since I didn’t think to take a picture of it so I got one off google. Just want to make sure I’m not worrying because I worry about my animals over the smallest things also never had a reptile before so it’s still all new to me.

Attachments

• 4EB819B7-08EB-4038-BD0E-9329FFEE33B9.jpg
    4EB819B7-08EB-4038-BD0E-9329FFEE33B9.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 98

dandelion

Beardie name(s)
Jasper
I’m not an expert, but it doesn’t seem to be abnormal. Mine will also do this occasionally, usually after he’s had more water than usual, or after eating a hornworm.
If it happens again but with only urate/the white part, it could mean he’s over hydrated.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I am new here and just recently got my bearded dragon. I have had him for a month and love him. He looks health i did a lot of research and watching videos. He will run around and he is in a 20 gallon tank I am going to get him one bigger just what I could get at the time since he is a juvenile. I know thrive products aren’t recommended but it can in the cage package looking to get better when I get the bigger tank. He eats like crazy and runs around like crazy when I take him out of his cage. I noticed that one of his poops had a water consistency with it. The poop looked healthy I’ve only noticed it once and it was the second bowel movement. I have given him bigger crickets because I needed some and the pet store only had big ones going back to the smaller ones. I attached a photo of what I kinda looked like since I didn’t think to take a picture of it so I got one off google. Just want to make sure I’m not worrying because I worry about my animals over the smallest things also never had a reptile before so it’s still all new to me.
Poop looks really good ---- how long before your upgrading? If you have a coil UVB I recommend you change that out right now--- it is imperative that the dragon have a good UVB as a baby -- he is growing and needs the UVB for correct growth and to ward off MBD--- a long tube fixture is recommended and a reputable one -- coils are inadequate if that is what your using --- let me know I will post some links for you and bulbs ---

Shiana23

Original Poster
Poop looks really good ---- how long before your upgrading? If you have a coil UVB I recommend you change that out right now--- it is imperative that the dragon have a good UVB as a baby -- he is growing and needs the UVB for correct growth and to ward off MBD--- a long tube fixture is recommended and a reputable one -- coils are inadequate if that is what your using --- let me know I will post some links for you and bulbs ---
Yes I am looking to get one asap the ones at my pet stores all cost about 80$ For the light bulb then like 40 for the fixture and I wanna make sure it’s a good one. Also getting a bigger tank soon so I’m waiting because I know I’m going to need a longer fixture once I get a bigger tank. But I would look a link for some so I can make sure he’s getting something good and right for him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes I am looking to get one asap the ones at my pet stores all cost about 80$ For the light bulb then like 40 for the fixture and I wanna make sure it’s a good one. Also getting a bigger tank soon so I’m waiting because I know I’m going to need a longer fixture once I get a bigger tank. But I would look a link for some so I can make sure he’s getting something good and right for him.
For your 20 gallon tank I would recommend getting the 24" Zoo Med fixture it comes w/ a 5..0 bulb that can be used now Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood --- its going to need to be placed on top of the tank w/ NO screen it needs to be unobstructed you can place it width wise on the tank at the end w/ your screen butted up to the fixture and basking bulb placed on the screen next to it-- you will need a piece of basking decor directly underneath it 6-8 inches - you need 2 digital probe thermometers like this Zoo Med Digital Thermometer for Terrariums surface basking temps should be 105-110 for a baby -- please ask for more help

Shiana23

Original Poster
For your 20 gallon tank I would recommend getting the 24" Zoo Med fixture it comes w/ a 5..0 bulb that can be used now Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood --- its going to need to be placed on top of the tank w/ NO screen it needs to be unobstructed you can place it width wise on the tank at the end w/ your screen butted up to the fixture and basking bulb placed on the screen next to it-- you will need a piece of basking decor directly underneath it 6-8 inches - you need 2 digital probe thermometers like this Zoo Med Digital Thermometer for Terrariums surface basking temps should be 105-110 for a baby -- please ask for more help
I’m hoping the beginning of next month I can get him a bigger tank for him to grow into and get better lighting because I knew the 20 gallon was only temporary. He seems content and never shows any stress except he glass surfs because he wants out to run or he pooped in his cage. That’s the only thing I notice. There was a few times when his calcium powder would be on the substrate and he would scratch at it and lick it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I’m hoping the beginning of next month I can get him a bigger tank for him to grow into and get better lighting because I knew the 20 gallon was only temporary. He seems content and never shows any stress except he glass surfs because he wants out to run or he pooped in his cage. That’s the only thing I notice. There was a few times when his calcium powder would be on the substrate and he would scratch at it and lick it.
Are you dusting his insects? I would let him acclimate to his tank and surroundings before letting him out- he is too little to lose and if he gets under something you cant get him out of that would not be good -- if you plan to get him a bigger tank please go big --- otherwise your going to spend more money again on another tank --- 120 gallon would be the best to go w/ --- we have sites to look for those if you want them

Shiana23

Original Poster
Are you dusting his insects? I would let him acclimate to his tank and surroundings before letting him out- he is too little to lose and if he gets under something you cant get him out of that would not be good -- if you plan to get him a bigger tank please go big --- otherwise your going to spend more money again on another tank --- 120 gallon would be the best to go w/ --- we have sites to look for those if you want them
yes please

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I can post some tomorrow
www.zenhabitats.com

Shiana23

Original Poster
www.zenhabitats.com
My bearded dragon just did this on the floor when I was trying to clean his poop out of his cage. His poop looked good but he did this after. I know I saw somewhere that they can do this if it’s like liquid urinate when they are overly hydrated. He’s also in the process of shedding but he’s eating really good and eats his veggies throughout the day. I’m switching him back to his smaller crickets since they just got some in. Just want to make sure this isn’t considered diarrhea or anything.

Attachments

• EA94BCEF-AD82-4420-99D5-B2468380E13E.jpeg
    EA94BCEF-AD82-4420-99D5-B2468380E13E.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 59

Shiana23

Original Poster
My bearded dragon just did this on the floor when I was trying to clean his poop out of his cage. His poop looked good but he did this after. I know I saw somewhere that they can do this if it’s like liquid urinate when they are overly hydrated. He’s also in the process of shedding but he’s eating really good and eats his veggies throughout the day. I’m switching him back to his smaller crickets since they just got some in. Just want to make sure this isn’t considered diarrhea or anything.
Here is a picture of him as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 52

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
Mine had a poop like this yesterday too. I just assumed he’s very hydrated with all the silkworms and veggies, also saw some other beardies do this too. He’s a handsome little guy!

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom