New here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracarys1

Hi there, Im thinking in adopting a bearded dragon around 1 year old. Can someone please tell me how the feeding schedule should be daily???
Im reading a lot and watching a ton of videos on YouTube, but I hear different things. 
Also would the lighting cost raise my bill too much?? 
Sorry I ask this questions. Just want to learn as much as I can before I get him/her. 
I will appreciate all the help you can give me.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Running one enclosure would only cost a few dollars a month. A feeding schedule for a 1 year old could be once or twice daily. Offer salads daily and bugs once a day till 1.5years old you can do bugs a few times a week after but still salad daily.
It's recommended to have at least a 4x2x2 enclosure size
I recommend the Arcadia 12% T5 for uvb
Make sure you get 2 digital thermometers with probe for each end.
A bright light like a flood lamp for the basking spot.
If you get everything before your beardie test the temperatures to find what watt works for you.
There are many other things you can get but those are the main things.
There are many different suggestions and advice you will hear, yes it can be tough to know which is best. Ask as many questions as you want that's what this forum is for. We want to see everyone raise happy healthy beardies.

Dracarys1

Original Poster
kyleena29":17ttpfqs said:
Running one enclosure would only cost a few dollars a month. A feeding schedule for a 1 year old could be once or twice daily. Offer salads daily and bugs once a day till 1.5years old you can do bugs a few times a week after but still salad daily.
It's recommended to have at least a 4x2x2 enclosure size
I recommend the Arcadia 12% T5 for uvb
Make sure you get 2 digital thermometers with probe for each end.
A bright light like a flood lamp for the basking spot.
If you get everything before your beardie test the temperatures to find what watt works for you.
There are many other things you can get but those are the main things.
There are many different suggestions and advice you will hear, yes it can be tough to know which is best. Ask as many questions as you want that's what this forum is for. We want to see everyone raise happy healthy beardies.
Thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom