New Dragon Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmf109

I just wanted to show you all my newest rescue, We called him Leo cause he has had to fight very hard, I got him from a teenage girl who bought him from a chain store and followed all thier very smart pet advice :banghead: so that by the time I got him he was 14 and a half inches long and weighed next to nothing even though he is 10 months old, he was unable to move or hold his head up let alone eat.
Turned out his belly was full of huge chunks of mealworm shells, one of his eyes was stuck shut with a clear sticky gunk which came back every time I cleaned it (although he still gets a little sticky eye some mornings but its not nearly as bad as it was )
Leo 6 days after he arrived.

Leofunny.jpg

And now after 3 more weeks of being here.........he's Da Man ! LOL

Leo1.jpg

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Your title made me think you had rescued a Leopard geco! :lol:
Poor baby. Couldn't that girl see he was not well. Maybe it's my age and animal experience- but I can pretty much tell a healthy critter from a sick one. Even if I know nothing about the animal. Oh, well.

So happy Leo has a good home now. He is looking better, keep up the good work.

Sandy H

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Poor little guy...he looks so out of it in that first pic. I'm so glad you were able to rescue him. Hopefully now he will have a chance at a healthy life with you.
Have you had him looked at by a vet yet? I would definitely get that eye looked at and have a fecal done.

Good luck with your new little guy...he has some pretty markings.

Dawn :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom