NEW Dragon owner, need feeding advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! We just got a Bearded Dragon baby today, the guy at the pet shop said it was about 2 months old. HE told me to feed him fruits/veggies and these pellet like things I bought everyday, and crickets once a week. Now, I have been looking up 'how to take car of Beardie' stuff and I read some people say you need to feed them crickets every other day?
I need some advice please! Thanks so much :)

NavyxWife

Hatchling Member
Babies should be fed crickets every day, 3 times a day, as much as they will eat in a 10-15 minute period.
Veggies should be offered daily, even if they wont eat them... they will eventually.
Fruits can be offered 2-3 times per week.
Worms are not suitable for babies so try to stay clear from them until they are older.

Livey

Extreme Poster
agreed, Pet shops give horrible advice.. in the future i wouldn't listen to any of there advice...

J0ker

for my 11 inch bearie
i feed squash every morning
and 2-3 gut loaded cricket feedings with about 20 crickets each time

i dont advise the 10-15 min rule because mine ate himself sick :puke: and had i let him continue he would have eaten well over 50-100+ :shock:

now as for worms anything soft is fine at any age
reptiworms/phonix worms (GREAT!!! HIGH IN Ca no need for dusting and can be used as a staple)
wax worms (high in fat feed rarely)

as for any worm *insect* with a hard shell the rule is to wait till they are about 16 inches
meal worms
super worms
and duba roaches
i have heard of them being fed to smaller dragons but it runs the risk of impacting them

as for the pelletts my baby wont touch them i figured they would be a good way to add extra vitamins since he didnt eat them i gave them to the crickets as a extra gut load instead of wasteing them
anything the crickets eat your dragon eats is the way i see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kay.marie
Top Bottom