new dragon, got a few questions if anyone could help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuiceBox13

i've had my baby dragon for about 1 month. he's eating fine most days but he doesnt seem to be growing as fast as he should. all i have so far is a heat lamp i got from petco. i've been to a few pet stores and i havent been able to find a UVB lamp. anyone have any suggestions? also, this sounds weird but i was holding him the other day and his eyes where closed then they started bulging out of their sockets. i have no idea why, it doesnt seem normal to me though...i've been feeding him green peppers and tomatoes. i try to stay away from lettuce since i heard its not nutritional. what do u suggest is the best type of green to feed him? i would appreciate any info

you can find uvb lights on the internet on various sites and try to get that one asap..for the eye bulging every bearded dragon does it to help them shed the skin over their eyes and also they do it for unknown reasons..as for the lettuce you should feed them lettuce just to add variety in their diet also try yellow squash they seem to like that a lot.and are you feeding him any crickets or worms with calcium supplement on them

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Firstly you NEED a UVB source.
No ifs ands or buts about it.
Babies especially need as they are developing. He will not grow without it.
Anything longer than a week without UVB can start to affect their health.

http://www.petmountain.com will have plenty.
You need to buy the repti-SUN 10.0 strip bulb.
Not the repti-glo or any coil/compact bulb.
They are harmful.

Just put repti-sun 10.0 into google and plenty of online websites should show up as stocking them.

http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html has a great chart to show you what you can feed your dragon and when.

Get the UVB immediatly.

Holly

JuiceBox13

Original Poster
thanks for all the feedback. i looked up the reptisun fixtures online. any suggestions on a fixture? i have a dome heat lamp right now for my 10 gallon. i want to get one that will be useful from now till he's full grown. also, would i keep the heat lamp and the uvb?

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Sure , just pop on over to your local walmart and get a "Lights of America under cabinet portable light.
It is ready to hang onto two screw you afix to the back of the viv, just make sure you get it locked in, as it will fall right down. I think it cost me like $10.
Janie.
Oh, get rid of the bulb already inside, and replace with your Reptisun 10.0.
Hope this helps !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom