New "discount" beardie issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero138

Hatchling Member
So I just got my second beardie fir a discount since he is missing like 5 toes altogether. First issue is the tip of the tail looks like it wants to fall off and so does the tip of on of the toes that was nipped. Is this normal he's only 2 months so I doubt the injuries are healed all the way. He also has some dead looking skin on the tops of his feet. Last thing is his left eye lid covers up more of his eye than his right eye does. His left eye looks soft and like it's missing the crested eyelash thing they have is this normal, shedding or what? Overall the dragon is happy and active but it's double the size of Dexter and they are the same age so I don't think they will be housed together! Please get back to me!

Zero138

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Also he has a smell to him. It smells like the normal smell I smelled on the full adults at the pet store and it's how Dexter smells but it's a little stronger,maybe cause he's bigger than dex? Either way please help... Also how big is to big to house together. This one is about an inch longer than Dexter but like double the size

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
No it's not normal. He needs to see a vet. I would HIGHLY recommend not even attempting housing together it until he's better. In his state he would be seen as weak and easy to take advantage of. Besides with 2 males, it almost never works out. They tend to be very territorial and more aggressive.

Zero138

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I'm just calling them boys. I truly have no idea of sex... And also she said "he" just had
His first shed so could the discoloration on the foot be because he's not fully finished as well as on his eye? They will not be housed together for a while now I'm quarantining him for a while.

Zero138

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Also the dragon seems amazing. He's very social not with Dexter they are separated, I think I might have over exaggerated the current condition of him. I will take pics after I get home from work. Thanks for your help!

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
He's very cute, poor baby what were they doing to him over there :evil:
It looks like some other beardie bit him around the eye. I would take him to the vet so he can check out those wounds.
Good luck with the little baby dragon. :D

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He really looks alert and healthy, that does look like he had that bitten off a while ago but it's healed nicely. Just watch for signs of irritation, right now it doesn't look like there is any. If you have a trusted reptile vet,he might have a look....otherwise it looks fine.

Zero138

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you all!!! This dragon is beautiful it does everything I wanted in a dragon, let me hold it let's me mist it and drinks from the mist it's snuggled me last night... It's 2 months old and Dexter is half this size so were thinking he's closer to 1 month either way this is how I wanted Dexter to act and I know he will soon so I'm happy to see this dragon is so calm and relaxed it's a reassuring sign that in time Dexter will be the same way! I don't think I could have two better dragons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom