New Deformed Hatchling

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie1434

Juvie Member
Trying to upload the photos, but to give an idea her back is curved right above the tail :shock: . Just came out at about 9 am this morning, I belive it to be a female so i will refer to it as her. Her haed poked out at about 11 pm last night. When she tries to run she falls on her face, I took the egg flat out as when she fell in one of the spots head first and appeared stuck. How do I feed her her feeders if she can't catch them and pinheads are too small for me to get ahold of??? I know she will learn balance in time.

Here are the photos.

002-7.jpg

004-10.jpg

005-8.jpg

edited to add photos, edited to change title

beardie1434

Juvie Member
Original Poster
baby is back in incubator in own seperate container now until sack falls off and hopefully I have more info by then.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Wow Lisa. Looks like the little thing didn't form correctly. I hope she perks up and gets her bearings! Very cut girl though!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Aw...poor little girl :( It could be just a genetic deformity. Does she seem to be in any pain?

If she cannot catch the crickets....I would recommend phoenix worms.

Good luck with her and let us know how she's doing.

beardie1434

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She doesn't seen to be in any pain, no signs of stress at least. when she was in her 10 gal she did try to run around and lost balance after a few steps everytime but she did try again. I have already signed into a site to buy small phoenix worms, as now that my impared thinking due to the shock and nerves has calmed down, I got to thinking about buying them and maybe even some mini-mealies and thinking about trying the juvie canned wet food. BTW any thoughts on the canned bearded dragon food anybody??

Thank you Dawn!! and Thank you Mistyck!!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Lisa....I don't know anything about the canned food. I am wondering though if it would be better to feed this baby either a slurry or babyfood. Just until you know if the defect is going to have any impact on him going poop. It is just an idea I thought I would throw out there.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Maybe try putting her on moist paper towels to help her absorb the sac. I kind of like Dawn's idea of giving her slurries until you're sure that she can go potty properly.

beardie1434

Juvie Member
Original Poster
that makes really good sense, I'll try that for now. Have plenty of babyfood, just for the dragons, on hand.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
If you have reptiaid you might try putting that in her slurry too. Maybe that will help perk her up. She's so cute! I love her little "deformity". I hope she makes it past this and gets her bearings.

beardie1434

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I haven't given any reptaid yet, but I did give her a drop of liquid calcium already and sprayed her with one small spritz of Vita-spray. acting very lively and attempting to climb out of her container, lol. I think she will be ok, just has a look of her own.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
She sure sounds determined just like the rest of your crew. I think she'll fit in nicely in there. :wink:

Pleaides

Juvie Member
awww such a cute buby
one thing though i really wouldnt recommend mini mealies at all, i believe even the mini mealies had chitin shells and can be real hard for even an adult to digest their shells and they dont really have any nutritional value either but i want to wish you and buby all the luck in the world and i hope she does well!
:D

beardie1434

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sorry to keep everybody waiting. Still no potty yet but balance is getting better and baby one can run with out falling on her face anymore, baby two hatched and her back is worse, but both are eating great on the special slurry until I know they can handle solids, at least digesting food right. Will upload pictures soon and post.

beardie1434

Juvie Member
Original Poster
here are the pictures promised. I also have a photo thread started so i can focus on their health issues primarily in this thread. Thank you for understanding.

005-11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom