New cages built!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevincease

Hatchling Member
I decided to quit blowing my money on glass cages that don't stack, and not to mention, the shipping on the wooden ones that do, and start building myself. So without a plan, I built this in my dining room or whatever you wanna call my tiny corner of my apt. and added this to the stack of beardies. I get two new ones this week also, so I am making room! Also, If anyone is in So Cal, I will be selling some glass tanks.....

Total size= 4ft tall x2 ft deep, each tank about 2 ft high. Plexiglass sliding doors with little cabinet knobs did the trick. NO, that metal dome clamp light isn't part of this cage, it's just sitting there, leftover from another glass cage.

3021405036_2385cca3e9.jpg

3021404760_951fd9da8a.jpg

3020573783_5bf762a636.jpg

3021404460_a39e49eca1.jpg

here's just one look around the corner in my dining room (thanks to Boa Master Cages....)

3021404400_452002ffcf.jpg

I will upload some pics of these in the process from my phone when I get a chance since my camera wasn't working at the time I was building it...

now I gotta go make some more.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Nice job! And you built them in your apartment? Our's is pretty tiny.. but I wonder what the SO could pull off.. hmm...
Really, really nice!

kevincease

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yse, my apartment is tiny as well, but really, the dragons took over the place. I just sleep here!

LittleRob

Hatchling Member
Looks sweet. You have any pics of your lighting. I can see the top. You have a MVB and some sort of other light on the other side. What did you do as far as the bottom cage?

kevincease

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
same as top, just some of the the lights are off. Oh I see what your looking at. That metal clamp light is just sitting there, its an extra one from a glass cage, its not part of this wooden one, but looks that way. I just placed it on top because i have soo much reptile stuff, I can't put it anywhere else!

LittleRob

Hatchling Member
okie dokie, so you just bought regular ceramic fixtures one with a mvb and the other with a regular light or flourescent X 2. And hey by the way some one had a question for you in the Viv Pics only bout your setup. 8)

tbelanger

Do you have any problems keeping your temperatures right? I know this has been gone over before with other people about stacking, but I'd love to do a stackable, but I'm concerned that the upper cage would be too warm. Is two stacked really a big issue? Do large enough vents prevent this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom