new berdie coming tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rud3Bwoy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
To be honest I wasn't planning on getting a new berdie I woke up and decided to get one that day I posted the topic

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Kate221":2a5lm1ut said:
You probably should have tried rehoming him BEFORE you decided to order another dragon....Just sayin! It's strange how quickly you're trying to kick your "OLD" beArdie out!!
Agreed

Kate221

Hatchling Member
So you woke up one day,...looked at your beardie,...said to yourself "I'm done with him, he's not pretty, i'm going to replace him"? THEN that day, you dropped $300 on another beardie?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Rudeness and ridicule is not allowed on this forum and will not be tolerated. If you don't have something nice to say, don't post at all.

Phoebe

Hatchling Member
Have you spoke to Vicky yet? I really think you should wait for her to get in contact. Just do what's best for your beardie dude

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Andy, Vicky said she will contact you today so you will be hearing from her. You mad a promise to me and to her that this beardie will go to her so you need to keep that promise. You also said you wanted him picked up "in a day or so." I don't understand what it hurts having him there.

The other member that you were talking about wasn't going to place him in a home, he was going to be in a shop in a cage which certainly isn't an ideal situation. Here's a quote this member made on a thread
its not the point of the free stuff its the ponit of im willing to take in animals that cant be takeing care of any more plus i want be keeping them as pets i have servel shops i own with space for unwanted pets or miss treated or cant be take care of.
So, I suggest you be patient and wait to hear from Vicky.

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
diamc":w1mrpif0 said:
...The other member that you were talking about wasn't going to place him in a home, he was going to be in a shop in a cage which certainly isn't an ideal situation...

I'm afraid it's worse than that, he's looking for free beardies to breed, picking them up wherever he can find them o_O

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Yup, one of those cases where ignorance is bliss :D
But I understand you want to get him into a good home quickly. I figure you are probably still at your class but hopefully you will have a message from Traci or Vicki waiting for you when you get home.

SmaugTheBD

Hatchling Member
So, what happened, did Vicky get the Beardie yet?

I still don't agree with getting rid of a Bearded Dragon just because of it's color..but whatever. A normal (no morph color) bearded dragon is really cool anyway, because its what they look like in the wild.. I hope your old beardie has a way better home. Disgusts me.
(not trying to be rude)

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Vicky will do an awesome job with your dragon I'm sure. It's worth the wait knowing your buddy is going to quality home rather than being bred at a way too early age and being mistreated. :D

jjh1

Juvie Member
I hope that Vicky takes this beardie because this does upset me.
I have 3 of my own no matter what color they are I couldnt part with any of my pets.

I did offer to take the beardie and provide it with a good home but he didnt seem to want me to because he didnt know how to ship and I live on the west Coast in Canada.

I would have totally rescued Montana thats the beardies name. Even friends were going to get a collection up to help pay for shipping costs and he didnt get back to me.

I hope that it doesnt go to a shop owner be bred before its old enough, I hope it goes to Vicky a responsible owner where it will be loved fed and cared for.

I guess I just feel sad and its not ment to be taken in anyway else I just happen to really love animals.

MurderVictim

Hatchling Member
Just going to put my thoughts that I really hope you put a little more thought into the home you're sending your beardie to. Screen completely! And so far, the person who is going to be taking it the fastest, is not the best, as far as I've seen. And as YOU purchased this animal, and have made the decision to rehome him, then it is YOUR responsibility to make sure that he gets to a good home with someone who can give him the care and attention you couldn't.

To be honest, you should have thought things through before you ordered your new beardie. You should have planned and found a good quality home before you made the decision. I hate to break it to you, but owning an animal should not be a split second decision. It needs to be thought out quite throughly. And I'm sorry...I just don't think you did that. You can't just jump out of bed one morning and say "Oh hey! I think I want a new beardie because this one doesn't cut it!" and then go off ordering a new one the next second. Personally, I think giving away a perfectly nice beardie just because of color and a small nip is very wrong. But hey, that's just my opinion. But please slow down and be sure that you're giving this baby away to someone who will actually take care of it. Please, please, please. I know I haven't had my baby for so long, and I'm not at all experienced...But what you're doing sounds pretty harsh. You kicked this baby out of its viv, its home, based completely on looks. The least you can do is spend the time required to get it to a safe place. (I'm sorry that I'm repeating myself, and going on a bit of a rant, but this truly makes me upset).

Not trying to be rude or mean at all. (Sorry if it sounded that way.) Just putting my own thoughts. :)

SmaugTheBD

Hatchling Member
MurderVictim":3hkm1nhe said:
Just going to put my thoughts that I really hope you put a little more thought into the home you're sending your beardie to. Screen completely! And so far, the person who is going to be taking it the fastest, is not the best, as far as I've seen. And as YOU purchased this animal, and have made the decision to rehome him, then it is YOUR responsibility to make sure that he gets to a good home with someone who can give him the care and attention you couldn't.

To be honest, you should have thought things through before you ordered your new beardie. You should have planned and found a good quality home before you made the decision. I hate to break it to you, but owning an animal should not be a split second decision. It needs to be thought out quite throughly. And I'm sorry...I just don't think you did that. You can't just jump out of bed one morning and say "Oh hey! I think I want a new beardie because this one doesn't cut it!" and then go off ordering a new one the next second. Personally, I think giving away a perfectly nice beardie just because of color and a small nip is very wrong. But hey, that's just my opinion. But please slow down and be sure that you're giving this baby away to someone who will actually take care of it. Please, please, please. I know I haven't had my baby for so long, and I'm not at all experienced...But what you're doing sounds pretty harsh. You kicked this baby out its viv, its home, based completely on looks. The least you can do is spend the time required to get it to a safe place. (I'm sorry that I'm repeating myself, and going on a bit of a rant, but this truly makes me upset).

Not trying to be rude or mean at all. (Sorry if it sounded that way.) Just putting my own thoughts. :)

totally agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom