New Beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

INReptiles

Hatchling Member
So I went to an expo telling myself I wasn't going to buy anything, lol. Long story short I come home with a leatherback and a bunch of free feeders (dubia and crickets). He(She?) is only a month old and I am worrying about every little thing lol. Since I was expecting to be getting one until next week, I don't even have my UVB light yet, but it should be here monday unless ups decides to have a stroke. Should I keep a water bowl in my enclosure? I am afraid that I will underhydrate him :/.

When I brought him home he was just kinda sitting there but he started running around and glass-dancing at me so I took him out and he just fell asleep on my chest lol. How often should they poop? I haven't seen him do it yet but he hasn't been here to long, so far I have only fed him 1 dubia and 1 cricket, didn't feed him much because he got here at around 4 and I didn't feel like he would have enough basking time.

Anyways, I will upload some pics tommorow, because A. I am too lazy to find the camera and B. He is sleeping

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Nice! Can't wait to see the pictures.

I don't use waterbowls, so you know my answer.

-Brandon

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
He is small, but not for long.. he looks pretty alert, forget the water bowl.. just keep him well hydrated w/ soaks as babies will get dehydrated faster than sub-adults..

INReptiles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah he is pretty active in the sense of watching people moving around and such, but he doesn't really move around, idk why, he just likes to sit on one of his three basking areas and pretty much only moves when he sees food. I just got the UV bulb today because USPS is slow as **** and he seems to be moving around some more.

Is it normal for him to kind of gulp I guess you could call it? He just kinda puffs out his beard and sucks it back in a couple times then stops, I am not sure why, is this normal or is it because he had no UV for 2 days? I have only seen him do it when he is cold and out of his tank. I tried to get a video of it but he wouldn't do it for the camera :/.

Anyways, more pics

Hunting for a little dubia

Omnomnom. I think he ate about 12 today and I tried to force him to eat the greens by throwing them on top of dubias but he managed to pick around them :banghead:

I want outtttttt!!!!!

Is it normal for them to have the little black hard things on the back of their necks? You can see them in the picture where he is eating.

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
Yes, every beardie I've known has them, not sure what they're technically called, but they are indented and usually darker..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom