New beardie owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosedawn

Original Poster
I’ve ordered her lights should she be okay until it gets here? She hasn’t eaten anything today I’ve tried hand feeding as well as letting her try to chase them she just lets the crickets eat her unless I stop them the only time she seems okay is out if her tank she has had a dropper if water she seemed more thirsty today then usual

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
The tail looks constricted by an incomplete shed. You can try fixing the problem by soaking her tail daily and trying to loosen the dead skin by rubbing gently with a soft toothbrush, but it's likely that the tip of the tail will eventually die and fall off.

She should be okay until the lights arrive. If you have any good, sunny weather, take her outside to bask (supervised).

Rosedawn

Original Poster
If soaking and the toothbrush doesn’t help is there anything else? Sadly it’s to cold for her to go outside or sit in the window sill it’s around 30 degrees where I’m at

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
Fair enough; she should still be fine until the lights arrive.

If there's something else that can be done for the tail, I don't know what that would be. Next time she sheds that area, keep an eye out to see if the constricting old shed comes off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom