New beardie owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistilynne

91195-7139674378.jpg
Hi! I am new to bearded dragons but so far I'm enjoying my girl. I am a Kindergarten teacher & received a pet grant for my classroom. I researched the different creatures available & the beardie seemed to be the best choice & I was right! I picked her up right before Christmas so that I could start bonding with her & learning how to take care if her.
My students LOVE her! They named her Lizzie Zion & they greet her every day when they come in to the classroom, say goodnight at naptime & goodbye when they leave. She's about 5 months old now & I am in love with her too! I'm happy to have a community to go to with questions, etc.
91195-8254876374.jpg

Mistilynne

Original Poster
I currently have her in the 20 gal that I received as part of my grant. It has the UVB lamp, night lamp, & heat lamp which are on timers. I only have the dial thermometer at the moment but added a 'house', one small plant & a branch for her to climb. I did purchase a bigger water bowl as well. The substrate is the carpet type. I'm planning on upgrading the habitat to a bigger one this summer when I transfer her back to my house from school.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Mistilynne":3n50rhe9 said:
I currently have her in the 20 gal that I received as part of my grant. It has the UVB lamp, night lamp, & heat lamp which are on timers. I only have the dial thermometer at the moment but added a 'house', one small plant & a branch for her to climb. I did purchase a bigger water bowl as well. The substrate is the carpet type. I'm planning on upgrading the habitat to a bigger one this summer when I transfer her back to my house from school.

Is the night light colored? If so, take it out. Is the UV a tube or coil/compact? And do you happen to know the brand?

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Okay, so if the school (or wherever he is at night) gets colder than 65º at night, you'll need a CHE (ceramic heat emitter) that doesn't emit light. And you'll need a new UV light - a ReptiSun 10.0 t5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom