New beardie is a lazy eater

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugaboo

I got my 9 inch beardie 3 weeks ago. About 1 hour after the lights come on I give him 5-6 crickets, he jumps on the first 2-3 and if he misses he gets discouraged and just sits there. If some come across his path he may eat them. I feed him 2 more times that day with the last feeding 1.5 hours before lights out. He will eat 6-8 crickets a day and 20 phoenix worms (his highest amount so far) with a bit of kale, collards and broccoli. Will he ever eat more? or is he still adjusting? Basking temp 115 -117F, cool side 85-90F in a 40 gal tank with 36 inch reptsun 8.0. By the way he only does 1 large poop everyday. :?

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Your temps sound a bit high. you might want to raise your light or lower his basking spot to drop the temps 5-10 degrees. This may help give him some energy. When Bogie was eating crix, I fed him in a seperate plastic tote. I had to herd the bugs to him with a small fish net. He would sit there and look over his shoulder at the crix and then at me as if to say, "Where IS my dinner? Get them here NOW!" :lol: It was cute to watch. Many of us have lazy dragons. Or perhaps we are just well trained slaves. :lol:

Sandy H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom