New Beardie hasnt eaten or drank, very concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

SR82288

Hello,
I just bought my first bearded dragon 4 days ago and im very concerned because I have yet to see him eat or drink. He is about 10 months old and the pet store I bought him from had him for quite some time. I have tried to give him a variety of vegetables and greens as well as crickets and he has shown no interest what so ever. The diet Ive been offering him is the same as what the store I bought him from had been giving him. He hasnt been very active but he still holds his head up. Im worried that his lack of appetite may lead to dehydration and sickness. The tank I have him in is a 40 gallon breeder (36'x18'x17) I use a 100 watt T-Rex active UV bulb the reccomended 12 inches above his basking spot. The basking spot is 101 degrees F and the opposite side of the tank is 82 degrees. I took the temperatures using a digital thermometer with a probe.The bulb is set with a timer (12 hours on 12 off) and the night time temperature is a constant 74 degrees. Is this problem related to anything im doing wrong or could it be related to the change in his environment? I would greatly appreciate any help I could get.Thanks

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
It could be relocation stress since you have only had your beardie 4 days. A daily soak will help keep em hydrated. Your tank set up sounds fine. I also use the T-Rex MVB for one of my dragons. Does your dragon bask? If not, you may need to raise the temps a couple of degrees.

SR82288

Original Poster
Yes, my dragon basks and he will go to and from his basking spot throughout the day. Hes relativley inactive other then that.

bns28

I have two bearded dragons that i gained from my moms friend. she couldnt take care of them anymore so i began to take care of them. its been about a month. i thought that my female had relocation stress but now im not even sure. how long does it last? they are pretty much full grown. healthy too as far as i know. but she just wont eat. the male eats like crazy but she just chills and eats nothing. Ive given them plenty of different foods and plenty of crickets. she only licked up a little bit of some applesauce but that was it. it kinda seems like she is having trouble opening her mouth. im terrified! its stressing me out that i have no idea why she wont eat.
please help me figure out what is wrong with sunshine! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom