New Bearded Drgaon owner. please help with lighting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcichows

Hello all,

I have a new beardie and thought I did my research until I started reading this forum.
Anyhow this is where I am at. I bought a 40 gal breader tank and the following light. A zoo med deep dome light fixture with a
125watt solar glo Sub simulating lamp. It says that it gives off both UVB and UVA and heats(which it does heat) all in one.

Second I do have a heat pad in the bottom of the tank as well.

My question is ---- Is this the wrong lighting for this???? The reptile shop sold it as a kit. I know there may be personal pref. as in reef keeping so I am really looking for some strong facts--- I hope the store wouldn't compromise one of there pets health.

Next question is about the heat pad. They also recommended this and now I read that many people do not like them. My house does get down to 64-65 so I think I do need some heat source. Anyway I hope i was not steared wrong hear --- again any input would be appreciated.

BrittanyS

Hatchling Member
I'm not sure if the light you are refering to is a MVB. But Definetley get rid of the heat pad. They burn beardies

mcichows

Original Poster
Why would the pet shop sell these pads as a bearded dragon kit..... Do some people keep these or is it just personal preference??

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
If you need heat at night you can go with a ceramic heat emitter or a black light. Heating pads can burn a beardie. They dont feel heat like we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom