The probe is reading the following:

Top of rock (surface temp) 120F
Bottom of rock (surface temp) 85F

He always basks mid-way.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok the temps you got are where he sits for basking-- the basking bulb is fine as long as its keeping those temps but you must get the accurate temp of where he is sitting - the UVB is a ok bulb but I am glad your swapping it out for the tube fixture - hes gonna be better off in the long run w/ that -- the UVB puts out no heat -- and you have it 4-6 inches w/ NO obstruction correct? I would see if you can get it 6-8 inches for the bulbs - please take the crickets out of the tank you dont want them left in there --- when is the new UVB coming in? He needs salads every morning and to get him to that bowl you will need to lure him w/ some BSFL or nutri grubs order large and DO NOT dust them and I would get him some dubia roaches as well - I would get him some 1/2 inch roaches http://www.dubiaroaches.com those are going to be alot easier to feed and get him to the salad bowl - you will need a bowl like this
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Reptile-Ceramic-Leopard-Bearded/dp/B084VJJWTV?pf_rd_r=R0HNPKXJ2ZARWAT5MPAH&pf_rd_p=c5b6893a-24f2-4a59-9d4b-aff5065c90ec&pd_rd_r=0173f98f-f39b-4d44-9f76-6ae4d88c419b&pd_rd_w=AuGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
He going thru relocation stress handle little at a time - he needs to acclimate to his tank and surroundings but your basking temps and UVB are the two most important things in that tank --
the 120 is way too hot nothing hotter than 110-- either move the platform or go lower wattage to a 50 but you must keep track of the temps w/ that probe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom