new baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilovelucy

hello all. i posted a while ago about the tragedy with my new baby beardie. im happy to say ive finally gotten a new one and things are going very well!!

i also have an adult dragon that i got from craigslist 2 months ago. we call him grumpy since he was rarely handled and came to us at 3 years old and not wanting to be be bothered much! he's come around a bit and seems to enjoy company near his cage although he's still afraid of handling. i think i may have traumatized him last week... he was at the point where my hand could be in his cage and it didnt bother him at all, including petting. i was also able to pick him up and move him from one spot to another without any flailing. now, i can't even get my hand close to him without him trying to scare me away. if i dont get scared away, he'll usually move himself to another part of his cage. :( so im very bummed about this backslide, but ill just have to start over, take it slow and be patient. weve had a setback before and made it through. i know deep down he loves me i just really pissed him off last week lol! i really love this guy so much and i get frustrated that he's not a "snuggle buddy" but then he goes and gives me those puppy eyes and i love him again lol

the new baby is still unnamed because i wasn't sure if i was going to keep him. i loved the last little beardie i had so much, i just didn't know if i could replace her. after a week i still wasn't feeling it for this little beardie and had decided to take him back. i didn't feel right keeping him if i knew that i didnt really want him. then all of a sudden, boom! he got to me, lol. he may not be like the last one i had, but he has his own little personality i have come to enjoy. he's pretty small, im not sure on his age. i haven't measured him yet, but I will today because i want a guess on his age. Once i figure out pictures, i plan to do a progression thread. he's a very curious little guy, always climbing all over me, trying to jump off me, etc. he does get his cuddle moods where he'll fall asleep on me. today he started doing some cute hand waving. :)

thanks for all the great information everyone, look forward to learning more and more!

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
I'm glad you decided to keep the little guy. I just got new little guy a few months ago. My previous girl didn't make it through the family change. Have you chosen a name yet? Do you have any pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom