New Baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there! I am new to this site and for my 21st birthday my parents got me a baby beardy <3 she is adorable and the love of my life! She is about 3 months old and for a while there I wasnt sure if she was going to make it. She refused to eat unless I hand fed her, but even then she would hardly eat at all. Finally in the past 2 weeks she has started eating like a machine and I couldnt be happier! Now the only problem I have is I have no idea what to name her! I have so many ideas if she was a male, however I am stumped! If you have any suggestions please let me know!

I have so many pictures of her but at the moment I cannot figure out how to do it! AHHHH

Harley

Hatchling Member
Grats on the new beardie. If you post a pick and some of his habits maybe we could get some insight and help come up with something.
Enjoy

Harley

Hatchling Member
Had the same issue so I will gladly step by step you.
1. create a photbucket account
2. upload the picture to said photebucket account.
3. click on the picture you want to upload to bring up a list of links on the right side of the page.
4. click the link called direct link. it will put it on your clipboard
5. come to this site and when posting you will see the button Img click it and put the pic link in between the text it puts in your post and when you submit it will be there.

fisher28

Original Poster
babe_zps529f52d9.jpg

fisher28

Original Poster
ok thank you so much for the help!! Well this is my baby! I would love some help naming her... she it a little bratty and likes things her way but she is a total mush and everynight she falls asleep on my chest and she doesnt want to go back into her tank. She loves to look out the windows and watch youtube videos, movies and tv shows with me (she just loves my laptop).. she like to go to the bathroom on me which now I just accept.. she is a total mammas girl and loves attention as well as climbing up the stairs and decapitating meal worms. She hates waxworms, loves greens, as well as crickets. I want a name that isnt super girly because that is not her personality. She is tough, and the girly names just dont fit her. I was trying to think historical or greek type names but I dont want to be too cliche.. now im kind of leaning towards unisex sames some ideas I have are Dallas, Baylin, Arizona (because I love Grey's Anatomy), but nothing has REALLY fit. please HELP! I have had her for almost two months now and I call her baby she needs a name!

hand_zps0cea6b30.jpg

ahh_zps73be5449.jpg

sleepy_zps92841664.jpg

Esther19

BD.org Addict
She's gorgeous! How about "Idgy" from the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes?" I loved that character, and your girl sounds a lot like her.

fisher28

Original Poster
Thank you so much! I love her and omg I love fried green tomatoes! That is a definate possibility!

Harley

Hatchling Member
I like Idgy. Won't be used by many either. A thought about your above post though. You said she loves decapitating mealworms. I would advise against feeding those. To much shell not enough meat. Could also cause impaction.

fisher28

Original Poster
For about a month the only thing she would eat were meal worms if she would eat at all. I didnt think she was going to make it for a while there she absolutley refused to eat unless I hand fed her meal worms. She finally about a week and a half ago- 2 week started hunting and eating crickets and greens. I was hesitant at first to feed meal worms to her due to the fact the cause impaction, however I had to do it or she wouldnt have made it. Thank you though for the advice I dont feed them to her very often anymore

Harley

Hatchling Member
It happens that way sometimes. I've been stuck feeding them before myself before my colony was up and producing. Pet shop I get crickets from was out and that was my only choice.

dragontamer13

Hatchling Member
So is idgy the name? Just thinking about it, maybe Queen? Idk...idgy would be good, especially since most people wont use that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom