New baby!! With pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgodman1011

Hatchling Member
We went to get Sheldon a new baby friend today. We think she's a female but don't know yet. And she doesn't have a name yet any suggestions?

Smallest thing Ive ever owned lol. She is in a 20 gallon tank for now until I she gets a little bigger. 100 watt basking light and a coil uvb which I know I need to switch. Still waiting to see how hot her basking spot gets I hope it's warm enough!! She's smaller than Sheldon was!

Any tips for little ones? Thanks!

jgodman1011

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Lol we weren't sure about that although we did think about it. My daughter wants to name her dog penny so she didn't want that either lol. We were maybe thinking izzy.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Very pretty ! :) I can't see clearly, is it a leatherback ? She looks very healthy....just feed her plenty, looks like 1/2" crickets or small dubia will be the right size. Where did you get her + did you determine the gender yourself ?

Now I just wanted to ask if you know that you can't put them near each other ? Even the most docile adult dragon can try to eat a baby and one quick bite can kill it. Please be careful + don't be lulled in to a false sense that beardie's have maternal or paternal instincts , they don't. Be careful even holding them close to each other !

jgodman1011

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh no she's in a 20 gallon by herself and he's in a 75 gallon by himself. We put them next to each other for the pic lol. We went to a reptile convention today and yes the man said she was a leatherback. We both tried sexing her and thought she was female so we'll see in a few weeks if we can tell better I know she's pretty little lol.
Of course the one uvb bulb I was using broke so I had to use my old long bulb it's way too long for her tank but it will do temporarily I hope.
He said she was citrus something ? I get confused. She was the biggest and I think even she is tiny. Lol. I hope she is a she! I have a 40 gallon to put her in later in too.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Did he call her a citrus tiger ? Anyway, I know you wouldn't keep them together, just wasn't sure if you were putting them on the floor to check each other out, some new owners do that.

But she looks healthy and is a good-sized baby and you'll be surprised at how quickly she'll grow. If you want to post a pic of her vent with the tail arched up you can get more opinions about her gender [ if you feel like it ] or you can wait for a while , whatever you want.

jgodman1011

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hm I'm not sure. He was originally selling her at a higher price I just liked her cause we thought she leaned more towards female and she was a little bigger lol. Does she look like a citrus tiger?

I know I have to get a better uvb cause the one I'm using is a Zilla but it's actually longer than the darn tank!! Lol. It's outside a lid though so I thought it would be ok til I got paid. Her basking spot is 105 right now and that's where she is sitting at the moment :)

I may try the flashlight thing later when it gets dark or I'll post some pics :). Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom