NEW BABIES AND PICS, meet Gabby, Lincoln and Scarlett!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Hi everyone,
I thought I'd start a new thread instead of putting my 2 new babies on Bella's thread, because I wanted to share them with you...........but..........I'M STILL IN SHOCK, :shock: that I have 2 new babies!
Now that I'm in Co. and trying to get settled, I've been looking on line at babies, yes, at Barbara's babies, and other members hear at BD.org, but felt in my heart that now would not be the time for a new baby. I have 3 adults as you know, and even though Diane/Diamc said "you should keep up with me and have 4", I was trying to fight the feeling of new babies, and felt I should stick to my mission of rescueing............(but I'm a sap for those little ones)

So.............they have a Reptile expo in Co. 4x a yr. and yesterday was my first introduction to the western expo's. Of course, I was only going to buy some supplies, :roll: really............ but couldn't help my self to look at the babies, I should have never gone near the tables. One vendor had some beautiful morphs and I fell in love with a 4 month male, with a small tail nip. He comes from a red sandfire/het/hypo/blood line, I held him of course, put him back and spent the day chatting with vendors and buying supplies, but when I went back, much to my amazement, he was still there................he made an offer I couldn't refuse.................but here's the unbelievable part.............I already had a little girl under my shirt (to keep her warm) that I purchased for $10.00. She was under another vendors table and while looking at their beautiful tiger/red babies, the vendor said, I have a baby that's been nipped, would you like to see her? I should have said "no thank-you, I have to leave", but of course I said yes........... if you've been following Bella's thread (below) you know I rescue beardies, and I couldn't put her down.......the vendor said, "I want her to go to a good home", and that was it, paid the money and...........off I went to the ladies room, put her under my shirt, and she never moved the rest of the day. The vendor said she was a normal, but when she warmed up, her head became neon yellow, along with her shoulder blades, and take note of her back and tail markings, does anyone have a clue as to what other morph she may be? None of my other beardies have this diamond shaped pattern going down her tail.

So meet Miss Gabby/Diamond

and
Master Lincoln/Mosaic

Christinespictures1086.jpg

First night home, take note of the diamond shape pattern on her tail, etc. hence her middle name Diamond

Christinespictures1088.jpg

Gabby sitting on a box, till I cleaned her new cave

Christinespictures1091.jpg

Gabby just waking up

Christinespictures1105.jpg

This pic shows her right hand and foot nip along with her tail.....poor baby

Christinespictures1103.jpg

I tried to show her citrus head color

Here's Master Lincoln:
Christinespictures1089.jpg

First night home, you can see his legs shedding

Christinespictures1094.jpg

First bath.............. Lincoln has a small tail nip too

Christinespictures1099.jpg

"Are you my new mommy?"......mmmmmmmmmm, creamy white

Christinespictures1098.jpg

More pretty colors....BTW, the scratch on my hand was from an adult beardie I was holding at the show, ouch!

Christinespictures1101.jpg

Just chillin'

Christinespictures1102.jpg

Creamy white, no stress marks

Christinespictures1100.jpg

You can see his faint blue side bars, when he warms up, he has a glittery back.......hence his middle name, Mosaic

So Miss Gabby is 2 or 3 months, and Master Lincoln is 4 months. My other three babies are tucked in bed and I have these two babies on me as I type, so let me know what you think, and let me know if you like the names..........I think those are the names but I'd like your imput,

Bugs and wishes, :love5:

P.S. Diane, I have 5 beardies now, to your 4, (thanks to you) :wink: ...........tag........your it! :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow Christine, I think reptile shows are just magical, CONGRATULATIONS on your 2 new babies, Gabby and Master Lincoln. Gabby's head is pure citrus and it glows, it wouldn't surprise me if she gradually shed to more yellow on her body. It will be great to watch them grow up. Lincoln has wonderful colours already, it'll be fun to watch him grow and change.

When we got Lonzo, he's got alot of yellow and orange when he's happy, Rubio used to be dark red, now he's golden yellow when he's happy. Sweeite looks like a normal, but changes to a pale golden yellow when she's happy & sleepy. Issy is our olive green and dark blue/black dragon. Her colours lighten so much when she's happy or excited, she blends into anything.]]

So you'll have to see what their colours are when they're a year old, then 16 mo old. They seem to mature at 2 yrs old, they still shed in pieces here and there when they're older and they continue to lighten as they grow older, at least ours have.

Wow, 2 babies, do you have all you need, tank, lights, etc. Now you'll have beardies that will eat, as they're still growing!

I'm so excited for you, as we have 5 beardies and sometimes wonder how we manage. I do baths in the am before work, then Roger does the feedings and cuddles and bed times. But you're home now, so you'll have lots of time to play with them, lucky you. I find beardies do much better with human interaction and proper lighting, tank size, food. I hope your two new little ones are great cuddlers!

Keep us posted with LOTS of pics, they are just so beautiful. I've never seen a beardie with Gabby's colouring, not sure what kind of morph, but if her body does lighten up to yellow, then she's a citrus and could turn red later on in her life. It's funny how they change after every shed.

I'll be keeping my eye on you guys :mrgreen: I'm sure you're having a great t ime, getting them settled.

Take care, the 7 of you, can't forgot you doggie!
Can't wait for the next update!
Deborah and my zoo!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks beardieaddict and Deborah............

Deborah, you'll have to give me some pointers as to your day with 5 beardies, :) as you said, I'm fortunate that I have all day to spend with them now, I think that's why I broke down and got them.

I have most that I need, thanks, I'll be purchasing some new tanks, kind of a retirement gift to me. :wink:
I definately know Miss Gabby has some citrus in her as well, but what do you think of her back and tail pattern :?: :?: ........it's diamond shape? Is that what leatherbacks look like?
Well anyway, there both loves,
thanks for checking in,

bugs and hugs, :love5:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks Barbara, as I said, my only regret was that these babies didn't come from you, I really had no plan to get a baby, let alone 2, now I'm in baby heaven.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO BE IN BABY HEAVEN, PLEASE CHECK OUT THESE BABIES AND THE PRICES CAN'T BE BEAT!

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=110033&hilit=
Nothing like a new baby.............................

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
That's okay that you didn't get one of my babies. :)
Those two needed a forever home too. :wink:
Glad your enjoying beardie baby heaven. :D

Hey sense you've pasted up Diane now that you have 5 let me say you still haven't caught up to me. :p :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Handling beardies when they're not brumating is baths first: each morning 4 baths, as Rubio will not get into a bath with freezing in one place for the whole 20 min. So he gets water instead and a bit of a bath when he's shedding. 4 of our beardies, everyone but Rubio, poop in the bath, so that's easy enough and only poop once a day. Rubio, on the other hand, waits until I've gone to work, then poops in his tank for Roger, always in the same place. So that's the morning routine until I leave for work on weekdays. Weekends are more relaxed. Once Roger gets back from taking me to the train, he has a break then feeds everyone their worms. Then bokcoy. They've already gotten each a salad in the morning of squash and mixed greens. Then it's cuddle time until bed time, so he cuddles them one by one and puts them to bed. Sometimes one or two, once asleep each get covered by a soft towel and put on our bed untill I get home to put them to bed. So, as you can see, it's beardies/work all week, then I see them all weekend, between other things.

Being home, you can do your beardie slave chores when you want. It makes a bit difference. I'll be glad to reitre, but I have a few years left, like 11, but Roger's home all day, he retired last year.

How are the little ones taking to you, good from what I can see! Do they like being a burrito and cuddling? All important beardie functions. As their slave, they have alot to teach you, 'cause babies are different from adults.

Good luck with the little poopers, take care, reminds me why I can't go to reptile shows!
Deborah and my dragons.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
:shock: :shock: Barbara, don't tempt me to get more babies, :wink: it's the pringle sydrome, you know, you just can't have one!

Deborah: I had the same routine as you and Roger, when I was working (only alone), so it is nice not having a work schedule, I took an early retirement, and don't regret it at all.

Miss Gabby and Master Lincoln have settled in nicely, both have had daily baths, and did their poopies like an adult beardie, I couldn't believe the size of them, must have been a while since they had gone. Hopefully, we're going to the road to being potty trained!

As far as cuddling, they have their little blankets and snuggle right in on my chest...........Would you believe, I had all 5 on me last night for cuddle time before bed. :shock: My 3 oldest are used to this cuddle time and zonk out as soon as their on me. Everyone has their designated spots, as far as the babies, they are so small, that they fit up close to my neck, Gabby is asleep immediately, Lincoln doesn't move but has his eyes open for a while til he falls asleep, it is so cute, I can barely stand it. Obviously, as they grow, I won't be able to do this, and I'm a site for sore eyes............I either look pregnant, or have some kind of lumpy disease. :lol: Cuddling is soooooooo important, and it seems like everyone loves it! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
P.S. Diane, I have 5 beardies now, to your 4, (thanks to you) :wink: ...........tag........your it! :lol:
Oh boy, you're really getting back at me for saying that, aren't you. :headbang: Believe me, I would have a LOT more if I had the time, maybe when I retire. :roll:

They are both SO sweet, you have my biggest CONGRATULATIONS. Wow, you had all 5 of them on you for their cuddles? I wouldn't dare do that here or I'd be waiting for my 1st clutch, Giz & Judas are both very much in love with Sabrina. So, I think I will just do the separate "beardie cuddles", much safer in this household. :mrgreen: Sounds like they have both adjusted very well and YOU to them. :wink:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so glad your two new babies are also cuddle bums, good for you, as a beardie cuddle is just so much fun. We can cuddle ours, it looks funny when we have more than 1 beardie on our bed, they're all covered with separate towels so they won't see each other. The girls would fight and the boys would have fun jumping on the girls, so separate towels it is.

I'm glad you're enjoying your new life, early retirement sure agrees with you. Sounds like you're having a great time with all 5 of your beardies. Thanks for keeping us posted, especially the new babies, as many pics as you can stand, please!

Take care,
Deborah

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
ChellyBeans":5448e said:
I DID IT! I DID IT!

Phoenix has been cuddling with me over an hour now!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Sounds wonderful, you'll have to explain more.................

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
protiemama":c8406 said:
OMG- those colors are super. I need sunglasses they are so bright! :mrgreen: They are beautiful.

Sandy H

Thanks Sandy,

What do you think of Gabby's tail pattern? Have you ever seen that diamond pattern before, I'm only used to banding on my beardies tails, I'm really wanting someone to comment because it's so different. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom