Neurological problems? Sick Beardie WITH VIDEO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The mesh & fine screen will filter out up to 40% of the UVB out which can greatly affect the exposure rate & amount for your dragon.
I would try to mount the light underneath of the mesh screen if possible.

Tracie

Aerthorn

Original Poster
The bloods came back today. Posted below is what i was sent by the Vet. As i suspected the UV/Calcium are fine. Click this link to see the pdf of the actual results there are 2 pages
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57650574/Grech%20%27Lizzie%27%20lizard%20140112.pdf :

"Hi Nathan,

Apologies for not getting back to you yesterday regarding Lizzy's blood results: the fax machine did not print out the results properly so I had to go online to access them. I have included a copy of the results here for your records.

Here is a summary of the results:

Biochemistry (test mainly organ/tissue function):
No abnormal results. So kidney/ gut, muscle, calcium metabolism are likely fine

Haematology (blood cell count/examination):

There is a decrease in the total number of white blood cells, with a moderate decrease in two types of white blood cells: heterophils and lymphocytes. There is a relative increase in the number of azurophils - another type of white blood cell.

The red blood cell count was normal.

What does this all mean?
I am suspicious of a chronic (long term) inflammatory response. This could be due to a viral or bacterial infection, though this does not fit too well with the signs and history of the case - we would usually expect such infections to get dramatically worse over time.

What do we do?
The easiest (and cheapest) next step is to place Lizzy on a course of oral antibiotics. Phone the clinic to arrange to pick up the medication.

If she shows any response to the medical treatment trial - great - we will reassess her in 2-3 weeks. If she does not respond to the treatment things are not looking good, as the next step would be an MRI. Otherwise we must consider quality of life, and consider euthanasia.

I hope this is not too confusing. Lizzy is a complex case.

Regards,

Brendan"

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Brendan,

Thanks for posting the results!
I will review them & post back on your thread here soon.
How is Lizzy doing today?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom